BED TIME HUNGER

why is it that now every night i tell my son it is night night time he all of a sudden gets so hungry...always after brushing his teeth and at bed time...i feed him and he eats but i don't know if it's a bad habit or what...i called the pediatric cuz i wanted to know whats the matter well he got a well check and she told me that he has a bad case...A BAD CASE OF MANIPULATION...this kids now a days they try to be the boss...like i will offer him a vegetable and or fruit but noooooooooo guess what he is hungry for brownies and popcorn...lol

iNk-FrEaK

Asked by iNk-FrEaK at 9:05 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Food & Drink

• My youngest has been saying that too. I just make sure he has a little snack and a small drink before his teeth are brushed. Then I give him a hug and kiss and then ignore his complaining about it. Now he thinks that saying he has to pee will get him out of his room...ha ha ha!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:13 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• He does it to delay from going to bed. Don't give in and he will soon quit.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:07 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• He's playing you to get out of going to bed. Don't give in.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:33 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• sounds alot like my DS...lol instead he always gets thirsty when its time for bed :)
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 9:09 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My DD was doing this too. I told her how nasty it is to have that stuff before bed & that it will rot her pretty teeth out. SO, we agreed she can have a piece of fruit 1/2 an hour before bed. It's been 2 days, but it's been good. She has not been calling me still awake saying "I'm STARVING!"
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:12 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• he is delaying going to bed.. No snacks at bed time or after brushing his teeth..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 9:13 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Don't give in, you are the parent.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:23 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• He is stalling so he can stay up longer. As long as you give in he is going to keep doing it.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 12:11 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• mine does the same thing but i know mine does it because he does not finish his dinner...that is going on for a while now...he is so particular about his food...i have noticed since he does that he had gained some weight....i have to break that cycle soon...
    Ladyblue38

Answer by Ladyblue38 at 12:12 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• oh i may be a pushover with my kids on a lot of things but mot in everything...that child is a wild and crazy boy...thank God i love him sooooooooooooo much...lol
    iNk-FrEaK

Comment by iNk-FrEaK (original poster) at 9:11 PM on Sep. 30, 2010