How do keep the excitement going like when you were dating in your marriage?

thismamacooks

Asked by thismamacooks at 9:26 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• 25 years of marriage has taught me (and my hubby.. lol) this..

If my husband and I want to have those feelings. We have to make it happen. We have to treat each other in a manner, and do things together that bring those feelings on. When we were dating. It wasn't the things we did together that made my heart pound. It was the way my husband treated me, it was the way he looked at me, the way he touched me, the way he would smile..etc.. So in order to make my heart pound today, and everyday, my husband does those things. And vice-a-versa. Me walking by running by hand across my husband's shoulders and giving him a certain smile, makes his heart pound and foot thum far more than a night out on the town ever would.. lol. We actively do things to inspire those feelings.

Actions. Actions make people feel in love. Actions bring about the excitement, the romance, and the passion in a long term relationship..

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 9:41 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My husband and I have date nights where everyone knows not to bother us unless it is an emergency. Also one weekend a month either my mom or my in laws take our son for the whole weeks. Which then does it so my husband and i have the house all a lone for the whole weekend and we do stuff like we used to before we had a kid and before we got married. plus I'm a very random person. I'll call my husband at work out of nowhere just to tell him i love him. I write him little notes and leave them around the house.
    Justins_mommy05

Answer by Justins_mommy05 at 9:35 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• try to have an open mind... dont say i dont do this or that...and try new things. play dress-up...maybe get a toy or two...fill each other fantasy...pat each other when passing..one thing we do that my DF and i love...is we slip love notes in each other bag or pants or car...we have been doing this for 7years and its still is exciting :)...GL
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 9:38 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• We have been married three years, and we have date nights at least once a month. We still love each other and look at each other adoringly the way we did when we were dating. Both of us are hopeless romantics. Some people still think of us as newly weds. I think that all of it is in the attitude and treatment of each other and being best friends and enjoying each other's company.
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 10:34 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I think there is no way to create that state again. After being married for 8 + years, we know each other too well to have those innocent, wide eyed dating people feelings. Now, I have true unconditional love feelings and excitement.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:35 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• If you are looking to spice up your sex life. You could always try an introduce sex toys and lingerie into it. A lot of men find that it brings excitement back into the bedroom. Marriage and dating are Different, but in a sense your still with the same person. You have a deeper bond and sometimes that bond gets testy. And you sometimes lose the excitement.
    sexxylilmama203

Answer by sexxylilmama203 at 10:00 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• i am going threw the same thing.... me and my husband love eachother like crazy but when we got married nine months later we had our son and we pretty much put ourselves aside and put our attention all on our son... which to me isn't all bad but it would have been good if you had more of mommy and daddy time.... so the best of luck to you.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 10:52 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• 1. Get 5 languages of Love
    2. Watch "fireproof" and get the book that goes with it (the love dare). (ive never done it, but heard its great)

Me & DH have been together 11yrs (oct 3 actually!) and still are crazy for each other! We have our lows sometimes- thats expected...
    It takes both of you to keep the fire going. He has to do for you (whatever it is-hence 5 languages of love).. and you have to do for him... Try to have same & different interest. try something new together. revisit something old you have not done in a while. Put that "extra" effort in where it would be noticed. Doing your hair a special way. something nice to bed. a note in his pocket. a new gadget. renew your sex life (some cool sex challenge books out there)!
    Good luck!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:01 PM on Sep. 30, 2010