What is wrong with just letting a child cry sometimes?

seturkey

Asked by seturkey at 9:33 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't see what is wrong with letting a child cry sometimes. sometimes i let my son just cry things out. It how he gets his frustration out
    Justins_mommy05

Answer by Justins_mommy05 at 9:36 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Nothing wrong with it.  My kids throw fits all the time.  I just ignore them or send them to their rooms because I'm not going to sit there and listen to my 10yo have a tantrum because she has to take a bath or can't go to her friend's house after dinner, etc.  It's not the end of the world if they cry.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:43 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• nothing
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:36 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Nothing, if they are throwing a fit just because they didn't get their way.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:36 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Nothing wrong with it. Children need to learn how to deal with their emotions.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:39 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• i don't think so..... it's when others try to get involved when they do.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 9:59 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Nothing, sometimes they just need to let it out, don't we all need that some of the time.
    jshimmy

Answer by jshimmy at 10:00 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• babies get frustrated from too much attention sometimes and there is nothing that you can do but to put them somewhere safe and let them cry it out. Of course there are boundaries, and safety is always a first, but the act of crying is not going to hurt them.
    Beanna4406

Answer by Beanna4406 at 10:15 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Nothing. They need to find out how to comfort themselves, how to soothe themselves, how to play by themselves. Independence starts from day one and some children refuse to learn it. It's okay to let them cry it out for a while, so they know they're okay by themselves.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:27 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I dont know. It just breaks my heart to hear my daughter cry. But honestly I let her cry it out twice, and it has been alot easier. I was basically smothering her with my attention and not letting her learn on her own. I still watch her and play with her and spend all my time with her I just let her go at her own pace.
    Sillybillymel

Answer by Sillybillymel at 10:47 PM on Sep. 30, 2010