How do you get a 2 and 4 year old to stop biting?

They are brother and sister, and only bite each other. Ive tried spankings, time outs, talking to them. I don't know what else to do. It seems to be stopping now that we moved into a bigger place, but its still happening even once in awhile.

Beanna4406

Asked by Beanna4406 at 9:46 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• Obviously you have not found their thumb screw yet. When you find it, and use it, they will fall into line. My son's thumb screw was his movies. I started taking them (his favorite in particular) for a certain bad behaviour. Once I found it, I had him. He fell into line pretty quickly. Find what hurts them the most, and use it. Good luck!
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 9:49 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Put something bad tasting in their month and tell them that if they put there month were it does not belong, this is what punishment their mouth will get. I used mustard on my son and it took 3 times before he learned his lesson.
    jshimmy

Answer by jshimmy at 9:59 PM on Sep. 30, 2010