please can some 1 tell me the best way to lose weight ?

ive dieting , walkin the track and nothing is working i was a 3 befor i had my 1st child and now im in a 15 cant seem to lose this weigh help please..!!!!

chulafromhtown

Asked by chulafromhtown at 9:47 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Weight loss is fairly simple (though thtat doesn't make it easy by many means). Output must be greater than input. Check out mypyramid.gov. You can log everything you eat, then also log all of your daily activities - including sleeping, sitting at the computer, vaccuming, walking, etc... It makes the output/input thing much easier to keep track of.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 9:53 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• eating right and not to much... portion it out... that's how i lost it but i stoped and need to get back on track myself but it does work and i'm a size 9 going into a 7 i lost 50 lbs after i had my son.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 9:53 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• go off refined sugar and grains. if that doesn't do it go off dairy too. It has worked for both my hubby and I
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 9:55 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I think its important NOT to diet. Just make healthier choices that you can stick to. Going on crazy diets that are not going to last is not realistic. You have to make a change in your lifestyle. Eat an apple instead of fries, have yogurt instead of ice cream. Eat at home instead of going out. My husband started doing exactly what I just stated in July and he has lost 30 lbs. He also goes to the gym 5 nights a week.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 9:56 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• This is what I did : cut out everything fast, fried, and creamy. (BK, ranch,motz sticks....) Cut soda. Drink water and watch portion size. Once you've done that incorporate some exercise. I do an hour of pilates a day and walk to go get kids frm school
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 9:58 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Important to have both cardio and weight lifting into your exercise regiment. At least 30 minutes of cardio where it is difficult to carry a conversation...that is the proven minimum about of time for fat burning. Weight lifting is important because you will build muscle that will burn more calories at rest. It is important to rest between days of weight training because the muscles need to rebuild.

As for food. Limiting your bad carbs is a good idea. But you do not want to cut carbs out completely. Carbs after all is energy, you are meant to have carbs. Sweet potatoes, brown rice, whole grains are great! Fruit is great, veggies are better. Salads are great! Be careful though, avoid crotons, cheese, bacon, dressing. You can have good for you fats...like avacado, olives, vinagrette made with extra virgin olive oil (restaurants usally make their vinagrettes with vegetable to save money) Lean meats...such as...
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 10:01 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• It is something simple as math... calories in, calories out. 3500 calories equals 1 pound of fat so burn 3500 calories and you lose 1 pound of fat. Start by getting an estimate of your BMR (basal metabolic rate) which is basically the amount of calories your body burns per day without activity. I like bmrcalculator.org, make sure to stroll down the site to see how many more calories your body burns per day with different activity levels. Say you burn 2000 calories per day, you eat 1500 calories that day giving you a deficit of 500 calories for that day. Do it for a week straight 500 X 7 = 3500 and you end up losing 1 pound of fat for that day. Your BMR is just an estimate but it gives you a good idea of where you are at.   Continued...

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:03 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• As far as exercising is concerned you need to be working hard enough that you have a hard time carrying on a conversation with someone. Work up a real good sweat and do it for 30 minutes per day, at least. I like to do interval training where I work hard for a small amount of time, (could be 20 jumping jacks, running for 30 seconds, or whatever gets your heart rate up for as long as you like) follow that with a recovery period ( walk for 30 seconds or lift weights for 15 reps, however long to recover enough to start all over).

Eating is another thing... Choose real foods over processed, count your calories, eat small healthy 100 -150 calorie snacks throughout the day to keep you from over eating. Drink a huge glass of water before, during and after a meal to fill you up. There is a ton of resources out there, try sparkpeople.com. Good luck:)
    shanlaree

• * I meant to say that you will lose 1 pound of fat for that week, in my first post:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:05 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• fish up to three times a week, salmon is a good one. chicken breast, fresh lean turkey, peanut butter, nuts (raw almonds). Watch your sugar and salt intake. If you do have a high sodium intake water helps with the bloating salt can cause. Great fruit choices are: Apples, cantalope, berries, pears, many more. Not such good ones: raisins, grapes, watermelon. They are the higher sugar ones. I like dried cranberries on my salad. Even though they are high sugar I use the cranberries in place of croutons for the chewy and sweetness. Plus what would help is to know how many calories you need in a day to lose weight. You take your weight and height and your activity level. There is a formula that once you have the numbers you plug in and it will let you know how many calories to take in. I dont know about you but I hate counting calories. You make the changes to be more healthy and wont need to.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 10:08 PM on Sep. 30, 2010