Any good tips for a 5 month old teething?

My son is having a really hard time cutting his first teeth. His gums swell and look like they are about to pop out but then go back down. We have tried infant Tylenol, teething tablets, teethers, baby cloths etc.

spunkymom86

Asked by spunkymom86 at 1:28 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i used to give my son green onion to chew on it would numb his teeth.
    Anonymous

• Since you have tried everything have you tried baby oregel? If not try that it will atleast numb it for awhile. I had to use a combination of all of them with my 5 year old and so far the motrin helps my 7 month old but you have to wait until they reach 6 months to start that (tylenol never worked with my 5 year old).
    Izzyscrazymom

Answer by Izzyscrazymom at 1:42 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• TYlenol NeverWorked For My Daughter...I ALways UseBaby Oregel...( Q-tips)THey Work Great..... ALso I GOt My Baby A Teething BInky Its Awesome....
    nesamama

Answer by nesamama at 2:14 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I will probably get bashed for this but when my kids were cutting their teeth and nothing else worked I rubbed whiskey on their gums. It doesn't hurt them and it's instant pain relief.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 2:37 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• My doctor said to rum cinnimon on there gums. It numbs them
    LandonsMommy405

Answer by LandonsMommy405 at 4:33 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I had the same problem with my son!Orajel didnt work.tylenol didnt..nothing did!so i asked my mom what i should do and she told me to tie a few ice cubes in a wash cloth and let him chew it!and to sooth his pain spray cloraseptic spray on your finger and rub it on his gums!it works great and is no harm to your child!!good luck!:)
    mommydabbs

Answer by mommydabbs at 9:02 PM on Oct. 23, 2008