Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i am thinking of leaving?? i am 6 months pregnant and the b/f i live with has a job but the bills and things aren't getting taken care of. i think i should leave don't you?

you probably read my first question earlier. well this is sort of the same, see i have no way of takin showers and i have developed sores on me, and i am a little smaller than i was with my last two pregnancies due to lack of food, and we have no gas for hot water and to cook on the stove with. the house is 400/ month. he keeps saying we will get it but my doubts are high. i can't work right now due to some complications with this pregnancy but i am going to college in one month, so i am doing what i can but if it just isn't enough then should i leave to save my child and i?

Answer Question

Asked by gayleo7 at 4:12 PM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • Wow, I think so. If he works and the bills are still not getting paid something needs to be done. Ask family or friends for help, or your church family,,,believe me people don't mind helping if you'll help yourself, all you have to do is ask.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

  • if you are happy with your relationship then dont just leave.. i understand things are difficult now.. i'm not working myself and it's put a big strain on my boyfriend and bills are 'just' getting paid.. if it is that hard on you both then seek help... it's ok to ask for help when you really need it.. look after yourself and your baby... your county job and family services can help you out.. food stamps/rent assistance... ect.. even if you just get approved for food stamps that is money you dont have to pay for groceries and can put toward utilities and getting prepared for your baby... ask family for help too, i'm sure if they knew what was going on then they would be more than willing to help... even asking your doctor could be a good thing, they can lead you toward someone who can help out as well... good luck

    Answer by mfialdrdickhaus at 5:17 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

  • Can you go to a government agency for help. They can offer you food stamps and they help with rent and utilities. Yours is an emergency situation. They will help you asap. Also they have the Red Cross helps pay electricity and water when it's an emergency. Contact them. Who will be taking care of your baby when you go to school?

    Answer by Cecilia77 at 5:23 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

  • You have to do what's good for you and the baby. Not saying that you have to break it off with him, but you need to be somewhere that you and the baby can thrive. You said you had two pregnancies before, where are those babies? I'm not bashing you, trust me! I was in your same position with my youngest child. But staying clean and eating healthy are very big factors in a pregnancy. I would seek help with the power and gas and get some food stamps at the very least.

    Answer by ph0xdlady at 5:28 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

  • Have you gotten on WIC? That's something YOU do not the baby's father. As for leaving, do you have a better place to live? If yes, then maybe you should go. Can you work?

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

  • Yes, you should.....

    Answer by momtomatthew02 at 10:03 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

  • follow ur heart sweetie... i was going to ask you how old he was and maybe you should give him a little longer... but after reading it all.... you need to leave for you and your children and your innocent baby in your tummy... yall deserve someone that will take care of yall the right way..

    Answer by youngandafraid at 3:08 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.