Im gonna go crazy

I am out of ideas on how to get my 2yr old son to leave my parents dog alone when we come to visit. The dog refuses to just go and lay down in another room and the dog is very territorial. I know my dad has made the dog that way and there is nothing I can do to change the dog..anyone have any new ideas on how to get my son to just leave her alone (he bothers the cat as well, but the cat will just ask to go outside, the dog only goes out to go potty)?

mag12305cmg

Asked by mag12305cmg at 10:01 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• What do you mean, the dog refuses? Get the dog, put it in a room, and shut the door.
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 10:02 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• get a muzzle
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 10:05 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Ask your parents to chain the dog up somewhere or gate him in another room. Also, just teach your child not to play with the dog. It's not going to stick overnight, but eventually he'll get the idea and leave the dog alone.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:06 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• agreed with Saya.. or do not visit their house until your son is old enough to understand. Otherwise your are risking a dog mauling, cuz as you say the dog is territorial
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:07 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Its not as easy as putting the dog in another room or putting a muzzle on her. She isn't my dog so I can't do any of those things. My father treats this dog like it is a human so pretty much it is up to me to keep my son from messing with the dog. I would love to just say that Im not gonna visit, but I have to see my mama. She has been sick quite often recently (which is why I am here right now) and if I don't come help her than no one does and they still expect her to do everything around the house.
    mag12305cmg

Comment by mag12305cmg (original poster) at 10:16 PM on Sep. 30, 2010