Do you do all you can to have healthy hair?

I think healthy hair is important and that means using the right shampoo and conditioner that actually makes a difference in how your hair looks. I use Garnier products to help me achieve good looking hair. I don't think anyone really likes dry and brittle hair but hair that is soft, has body and volume.

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 10:07 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I've never liked Garnier products, they just don't work for me. I use Aussie and my hair always feels soft and looks shiny.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:10 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I Loved my beautiful 3' long hair. I lost it all to chemo. Now I have this one" inch long hair. I don't know what to use now. Good luck with what works for you! Its an individual preference.
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 10:13 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Yes...healthy hair is important
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 10:14 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My hair is healthy and I use Lush shampoo and conditioner.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:55 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Buying good products is so expensive, I try to treat my hair well, though
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 11:17 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Aussie products are way better than Garnier. I recommend them after using both!
    SDMama77

Answer by SDMama77 at 9:37 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Healthy hair is extremely important to me. Which is why I use salon brand products like Joico, Paul Brown, and Kenra.

Be weary of store brands like pantene or garnier, and other like products. They may look and feel healthy on your hair, but most of them use substitute products (like wax) to give you this illusion. In reality there is little to no health value for your hair is such products. You really need to search for brands that are going to offer the restoration of protein or keratin in your hair.

If you can't always get to your salon, try stores like JCPennies that offers and sells Salon brands like Matrix, and Redkin, that offer more of what you'll need for affordable prices. (And yes they are just and cheap if not cheaper than store brands if used properly).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:49 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• "I Loved my beautiful 3' long hair. I lost it all to chemo. Now I have this one" inch long hair. I don't know what to use now. Good luck with what works for you! Its an individual preference. "

I'm so sorry for all that you went through and hopefully by this it means that you are recovering. I suggest some products by Matrix for your hair. They offer great products for shorter hair upkeep and styling. You can talk to your stylist about ways to help style even short hair to the best of it's potential.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:51 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• "Buying good products is so expensive, I try to treat my hair well, though "

only if used improperly they can be. Cheaper brands require you to use a lot of the product to get the right effect. Salon brands, typically a dime to quarter size amount is just fine and can last 6-12 months easily. My joico bottle has lasted me a little over a year. If I bought say Pantene, that same bottle wouldn't have lasted me more than a month. So average it out, you spend the same.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:53 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• So most of you are aware as well, Procter & Gamble make most of the store brand products.

They make Aussie, Herbal Essense, Head and Shoulders, and Pantene, so no brand is really that much different from the other here.

Garnier is seperate, and typically suppose to be all natural.. however research the ingredients of the products you use to learn what is REALLY the best and what is just made to sound the best.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:06 PM on Oct. 1, 2010