How do I get my twins off the pacifier?

One I know I can get off easily,but when she sees her brother with his then she wants it to.What should I do?

jusmeandthem

Asked by jusmeandthem at 10:31 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Wait until they are more ready? My son gave it up completely on his own. It doesn't need to be so hard - just wait a bit. It doesn't affect teeth until permanent teeth start coming in.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 10:37 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Now, Buying your kids things may not be the best thing you wanna start doing,
    But this is how I got Camila off hers,
    (Your kids may not be old enough to understand, It depends.)
    I told her about how every Halloween, a bottle goblin comes and takes all the bottles away from big girls & boys.
    So that Halloween night we ended up putting all her pacifiers and bottles into a trash bag outside on the porch.
    When she woke up the next morning there was a Barbie Dream House there waiting for her.
    It's also how my parents got my sister and I off of our pacifiers/bottles.
    laurenxoxo

Answer by laurenxoxo at 10:45 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My daughter used to want hers all the time...recently I started giving it to her ONLY at nap time and bed time. I just leave it in her crib now so she doesn't even see/want it during the day. Hopefully in a month or so I can start trying to take it away during nap time.
    Samie8183

Answer by Samie8183 at 12:02 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I just stopped having it anywhere in sight except nap time and night time, and we are slowly working away from that. Just trying to see if they are sleep enough without it. You could try cold tukey with both, would be hell for a few days but they will eventually get oer it. I just cant stand to CIO with my son so we are going slow with it.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 12:09 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Dont offer it anymore or only @ nap time to cut back.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:32 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• For you DD if you think she is willing to let go easily maybe just stop giving it to her and see how she does. For your son maybe just give it to him at nap time and bed for a while and then less and less. Maybe if he notices that his sister doesn't need one neither does he. Good luck. Sooner or later they will both give them up.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 7:58 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• To begin taking my sons away we offered it ONLY at nap and bedtime. And just a couple days ago we got rid of it. How it happened is we just couldn't find it (he hid it) and so we gave up looking for it. Then we decided it's time to get rid of it anyway (he is 28 months old, but has developmental delays) so I sat him down and explained that only babies get binks and he is a big boy now. He cried the first night in protest and looked for it, but than after he fell asleep he never looked back for it. So now we are off it totally. He totally forgot about it. So I would try talking to her and just getting rid of it. :D
    Mipsy

Answer by Mipsy at 10:01 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• My broke himself at 10 months. I would start with only having it at naptime/bedtime.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 4:51 PM on Oct. 1, 2010