Where did your kiddos names come from?

Just wondering, there are always so many back stories to names, and I love hearing about them!

For mine,
Camila Grace - Camila means perfect in Italian, and Grace means well, Grace.
Camila also is one of my favorite names.

And then theres,
Evelyn Monroe - Evelyn means Beautiful Bird, and Monroe is after Marilyn Monroe, meaning From the Hill.

Your turn! :)
Also, do you think the name you gave your baby fits him/her?

Asked by laurenxoxo at 10:32 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Books. Rhapsody is from Elizabeth Haydon's work (my daughter's name) and Imriel is from Jaqueline Carey's work.

The names I chose definately fit the kids, for sure. I wouldn't have chosen them otherwise :)

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:34 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• ethan means stength or durable, but i named him after a character on passions

Answer by angevil53 at 10:34 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• From a baby name book, and yes it just fits her!

Answer by Daisyj22 at 10:35 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Gavin my ex husband picked it cuz he boycotted the name i wanted (Giovanny),   Zahara from the sahara desert but with a twist lol, Madison from a town in New Jersey that i love my dream place to be

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 10:35 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My son is named after my husband's father, who passed away a few years ago. His middle name is the same as my brother's middle name. And the names fit him perfectly because they are not crazy or hard to spell, but they are not common either, so he will probably be the only one with his name at his school. And yes I know I am a freak, I don't like putting his name on the internet lol.

Answer by getrealmama at 10:35 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• my husband picked out my sons name which is Seth... it is his favorite name but it is also the name of his favorite freestyle moto x rider too.

Answer by Lynnsae at 10:38 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My oldest is named after my Grandfather (Alexander) and my DH's father (Charles). My youngest is named after my DH, we simply dropped his first name.

We have yet to pick a name for the new baby (due in Dec.)

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:39 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Her name is Bianca Jade. I derived Bianca from Bianca Jagger...Mick Jagger's ex-wife. Jade we chose because it has a hispanic derivative. It fit her perfectly because she was very beautiful and soft natured. She passed away 4 yrs. ago. She was my only child and I love and miss her dearly.

Answer by cissycat8 at 10:46 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Landon is the middle name of my favorite drummer when I was in HS, his middle name, Jay, came from a very close family friend who had passed away in a car accident, my brother also has his middle name and my brother has a heart of gold.

Answer by married2thenavy at 10:53 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• First name we combined his choice and mine. Middle name is my husbands middle name and MIL's maiden name. My husband goes by his middle name and thats why we used his middle name instead of his first. Cayden Greer He liked Aiden and Tristen. I liked Carter and Adrien.

cissycat8: I am so sorry to hear about your daughter.

Answer by cassey.e at 10:55 PM on Sep. 30, 2010