I am thinking about getting plastic surgery...

I have had my kids and now i want my body back....i was thinking about getting a breast augmentation, a tummy tuck and lipo on my thighs and love handles. does anyone know a good dr in the central valley (california)? and about how much do these things normally cost?

hondagurl209

Asked by hondagurl209 at 1:38 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• No idea. I don't think I could ever get plastic surgery unless it was for a medical reason. Best of luck!
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 1:48 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Have you tried exercise and diet first? Weight training? I'd get myself into complete healthy shape before I'd even consider plastic surgery. I know exercise won't fix the breasts. But the others stuff it will help and if you still decide to have surgery down the road, it will look better if you work out.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:30 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• i have already lost the weight i wanted to, toned as much as i could, so now the next step for me is surgery.
    hondagurl209

Answer by hondagurl209 at 2:50 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• In my area, a tummy tuck, lipo, and breast augmentation will run you around $20,000 on up
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 5:32 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• You know, I can't help you with info, but I just wanted to tell you good luck AND how exciting for you!!! I know everyone likes to start off by saying you should work out, eat better, etc. Truth is, after all is said and done, and you put in all your efforts in losing the weight; plastic surgery may be the last step to really getting your body back where you want it.

...the only advice I can give you is to go to a few different Dr.'s and see what they quote you at. I wouldn't neccessarily go for the cheapest one, but the one you feel most confident about. I'm pregnant with my third, right now, but after I done with all my kids, My husband already said I deserve a "mommy make-over". Can't wait....
    sugarmama01

Answer by sugarmama01 at 6:04 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Oh wow, I can't remember the name, but my tattoo artist suggested someone in Visalia.........She said her boob job was $5000.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 12:46 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I had a breast augmentation in February. It cost $8000 in NYC. The doctor was great. Her name is Jennifer Walden. Excellent results. No problems at all. Highly recommend the surgery.
    emptynester2

Answer by emptynester2 at 9:27 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I had a breast aug. and it was $6000... Natrelle cohesive silicone, under the muscle, 265 ccs, moderate profile. Well worth it! (no lift with this surgery, that would have been more) Saline usually runs around $1,000 less, but doesn't feel nearly as natural and has a tendancy to "ripple". As for the other surgeries, not a clue.
    Anonymous

• I paid 5500 for my BA here in Texas
    usmcvalle

Answer by usmcvalle at 8:09 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I say you should go for it! (You'd be surprised how many people have work done and no one knows...) It did wonders for me, physically and mentally.
    I had a full tummy tuck and muscle repair with ab/flank lipo (I was feeling okay in two weeks, and great in two months). Here in IA, that ran about $12000. That was 8 months ago, and I couldn't be happier with my results -- I only wish I'd done it sooner! (I'm 49 now and have been wanting this for 15 yrs) Last month I did a mini-facelift, which I also am very pleased with. Once I build up the bank account, and when I'm sure I'm done losing weight, I'd love to do a thigh lift, breast lift/aug, and arm lift.
    A site which has really helped me find a lot of answers (before and after) is liposite.com. That would be a good place to get recommendations from other women, but you should also speak with your GP or Gyn for local referrals -- they usally know who's good.
    alexandria1028

Answer by alexandria1028 at 1:07 PM on Apr. 14, 2009