How to get my 9 almost 10yr old to do an after School activity?

My daughter used to take Tae Kwon Do after school and play Tennis..I asked her if she wanted to take TKD or play tennis again and she said no...I even suggested other sports like Basketball which she played a few years ago and she said no...How can I get her to take an activity.I want her to be Healthy.

tanya120

Asked by tanya120 at 10:41 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Kids' Health

• You shouldn't make her do an activity that she doesn't want to do.
    Leigh519121

Answer by Leigh519121 at 10:48 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My DS was always active in afterschool activities until he turned 10 then all of a sudden he didn't want to do anything. Well I let him be and it seems like he just needed some time off, because he's now back to doing things. She might just be burned out and need a rest. Give her some time and see what happens.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 11:36 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• What if you did something like go to the park with her so you could go for a walk AND have time to spend with her?
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 11:51 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• She can be healthy without an organized activity. Just make sure you both get outside and get plenty of fresh air and sunshine and eat fresh and healthy foods. Also have fun....take walks, go to parks, etc....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 8:16 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I agree with peajewel
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 12:17 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Maybe she just doesn't like sports. You shouldn't force her to do something she doesn't like just because YOU want her to do it. That's one way to get her to stop liking you. Ask her if she would do Ta-Kwon-Do again if YOU went with her. It's an amazing sport that helps you lose weight and increase your metabolism.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:50 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Alreaady asked if I joined if she would go,and she still said no.....I know she will go when she is ready so I wont push her anymore...Thanks to all for the advice..
    tanya120

Comment by tanya120 (original poster) at 10:35 PM on Oct. 26, 2010