How do I get my 11yr old DD with Asperger's/ADHD to go to bed and stay there?

She takes meds to help her mellow out so she can sleep..and once she settles down and goes to sleep she's normally good till morning. BUT getting her there is almost always a fight..I can put her to bed at 7:30 and she'll be in and out of her room until almost 10..it drives me crazy!!!!!!

faithfultxmama

Asked by faithfultxmama at 10:50 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Have you tried the three coins? Put three coins on her dresser and if she gets up, you take a coin away, but if she stays in bed then she gets to keep the coins. Also, try pushing her bed time back a little. 7:30 seems early for a 9-12 year old.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:54 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I agree that 7:30 seems a little early for an 11 year old. My 10 yr old goes to bed about 8:30 on school nights (by the time he brushes his teeth and stuff it's prob. closer to 8:45) I'd prob. let him stay up later but if he does he's very grumpy getting up for school. On non-school nights it's 9/9:30 when he goes to bed. Your daughter prob. just isn't tired then and that's why she keeps getting up.
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 7:26 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Here's a bump for you:-) I have no idea:-(
    shellakers

Answer by shellakers at 12:10 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I put her to bed at 7:30 because of her Asperger's....if I put her to bed any later it would be after 10 or 11 before she finally settles down to sleep...she's very crabby in the mornings if she doesn't get enough sleep...
    faithfultxmama

Comment by faithfultxmama (original poster) at 1:21 AM on Oct. 4, 2010