Anybody got advice on how to keep boys away from my 14 year-old girl...I mean deal with boys with my 14 year old girl?

sheri925

Asked by sheri925 at 10:52 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I am not sure if I understand what you are asking.

You can't shelter your daughter. You can teach her respect for herself, her body and others. You can tell her that she can't "date" until she is 16, but that she can go out in groups with a boy, just not one-on-one.

Trying to isolate her from boys will guaruntee you a teen pregnancy. Open honest conversation and trust until she proves it is misplaced it the way to go
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 10:55 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• LOL! Just do your best to accept it and give her the best support and advice you've got. Help her be a good decision maker... that's your best defense.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:56 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Take them on a quest 1 or 2 times a month. Get them fired up and looking for a reason to explore life with you. Then start by saying, ....girls, ---here's the plan, here is the deal. We are growing fast. We are not in a time in life to exploit but explore life. We are nurturers and by that I am trying to save you both. Can we all 3 work together fiercely on something? I would like to make a 14 yr. old time-marker scrapbook about the 3 of us. It's mainly about how we manage life during the stages of being for time-marking our growing. I want you to have boys that treat you with the best normal love and respect that you will never question. So here's the deal.... I will list 4 options to do as a group of 3 this year, and if you can prove this is a good time for our life growth, we'll stick to it forever.
    {{{Make a list}}}
    1. Classes together, in drama, art or planning a family business.
    2. making some collec
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• 2. make some collective bargaining as it were, to go on a hike or bus trip / special one day out-ing
    3. take up ceramics as a family
    4. go to a group for teens/ + moms
    5. start to keep journals together daily, making all kind of lists , places, events, photo scrapping, or whatever.
    6. join a health -club together
    7.. Get them on a bowling league or team, or open bowl one night per week or 2 x per month
    8. Make a trip to a museum
    9. design a clothing line together, go shop for scraps at a thrift store and use ''used mens dress shirts to make peasant shirts:"

For the boy problem, you'll be so busy the boys aren't going to have a moments glance at them nor you !!
    Keep them busy
    God blesses your plans, don't forget that ; )
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Adding on to the above if they --do--want to date and after you see how great they've gotten busy lives,..... at 16 then show them the pace of life that is best suited to keeping them in money, because once a boy gets the charge of them, they will certainly control everything, including money more than other factors and things your daughter can get good at . This time will never happen again, I know that you can do this, and I wish you the very nicest times to grow up together.
    Getting her own money, and independence will gather her more self -esteem, respect, and bolster her confidence. I hope that when my daughter gets 14 .....I am going to take my own advice I'm giving now to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I am not sure I understand your question either. Like you don't want boys around her at all or you want to figure out how to deal with it yourself? This is a tough one. I don't even know where to begin but I wish you luck Momma.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 11:57 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• you got it right the first time lol.. just try teach her about things and that every choice has 2 sides to it and they arent good all the time..
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 12:46 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Have them meet the Biggest, Tallest, Male Family Member.... LOL... Okay seriously... Many deep 1 on 1 talks about boys and how nice and not sooo nice they can be... Respecting yourself..... Meeting Every boy that shows interest and doing things with the boy and your daughter. Let's the boy know - hey were a tight family..... You'd be surprised the creaps run away if they know they will also be hurting the mom and dad.. Have dad or other older male explain how some boys are... Just open up your daughters eyes Without Closing her heart..
    emily1230

Answer by emily1230 at 5:43 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I talked to my daughter. You can't keep the boys away... trust me on that one. You have to make sure your daughter is knowledgeable about the way things are. Tell her the limits. Explain what can happen. Make sure she understands. Chaperon her. She's too young to be on her own. Make sure they go on double dates. If not, you go. That's our rule, like it or not. When they start driving,That's a whole other scary deal. One step at a time :)

mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 11:28 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• UHM, threaten their lives??? LOL I don't see how you can. Explain thoroughly to your daughter about what the boys REALLY want from her, just sex!!! Perhaps you can get to know the boys one by one to see if they are real nice & respectable. It can't hurt. If you don't do something like this then your daughter may sneak around with them behind your back
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 2:06 AM on Oct. 2, 2010