Forgetful or something else?

So here's my question... I have 3 kids, work, and am married to a police officer, obviously I have a busy life. I forget a lot of things, like something my husband told me yesterday or even something I said or did 10 minutes ago. Sometimes it worries me. Do you think it's just a simple case of "mommy brain" and being busy, or could it be something else? Sometimes I wonder if I should make an appt. to go see my doctor. Anyone else have the same problem?

mochamomof3

Asked by mochamomof3 at 10:56 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Health

• I only have one son and a husband who lovingly calls me the family secretary. Plus I deal with my mother and brother and their appointments and such. If I dont write stuff down momheimer's takes over. But the other mom could be right. Not eating right and not getting enough sleep can make your memory develop the swiss cheese lapses sometimes.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 3:44 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• We all have times that we are forgetful. Being busy with your family and working , plus the fact your husband is a police officer. It's hard to remember everything 100% of the time, we're only human.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:48 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Could be your diet.
    Cenchan

Answer by Cenchan at 11:07 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Heather!! That is what started happening when I started having Thyroid issues. You do have a very stressful life, and that can be the cause as well.
    blueeyedbabyz

Answer by blueeyedbabyz at 9:39 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Yep. Mine started when I was pregnant and continues through motherhood. (I have a six-months-old boy.) I used to call it my pregnancy brain and now I call it my mommy brain. I forget things all the time even though I am a stay-at-home mom. I think that it is normal because you have kids to think about, your husband, work, co-workers. I used to remember a lot of things. Just make sure you keep a calendar and put things on it so that there are less things for you to remember. If it really bothers you, I would make an appointment with my doctor.
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 11:03 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Diet? Really? Interesting. I'll have to look itnto that.
    mochamomof3

Comment by mochamomof3 (original poster) at 11:09 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Thanks for all your answers girls. I might just get to the doc. My apetite has been weird for a while, haven't really been hungry but I want to munch or eat sweets.
    mochamomof3

Comment by mochamomof3 (original poster) at 10:18 PM on Oct. 1, 2010