How soon after stopping the pill can you become pregnant?

I had to stop taking any kind of birth control for medical reasons. Dh is going to get a vasectomy but not until next month. We have had unprotected sex about 4 times since I stopped the pill on Sept. 28th. I have been feeling really tired and run down and nausous a few times. I have taken a few tests and they all came up negative. I am due for af on Sunday. Plus my stomach has been feeling weird and I was super bloated last week.

msnyder6706

Asked by msnyder6706 at 1:46 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I've saw this question a million times and answered a million ways. So I asked my OBGYN and they told me that it depends on how your cycle was PRIOR to birth control. So if your cycle was NORMAL, then it should be fine, so if your timing is correct you shouldnt have any problems getting pregnant----however if your cycle was irregular, then your body will go back to that, and it might be more difficult (with timing etc). I've heard people say it took months and months, and others that took mere weeks, so it really depends solely on YOUR own body and when you ovulate.
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 8:49 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• You have to wait to see if your prego but for some you can get prego right after stopping the pill. My sis had twin's on her first try. I've heard from family that when you get of the pill your body may produce more egg's for those first few mth's but then again I'm not sure..How did you convince your hubby to have a vasectomy??
    2precious2

Answer by 2precious2 at 1:58 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• It took us six months of trying after I stopped the pill.
    Anonymous

• I probably wasn't off the pill more than a month when we got pregnant. I know it's different for every woman.
    Marybeth

Answer by Marybeth at 2:30 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• So it really varies!
    msnyder6706

Answer by msnyder6706 at 2:55 PM on Oct. 23, 2008