Stark-RAVING MAD

I can't handle my emotions...I'm so imbalanced I don't know what to do. I can actually feel my hormones flaring up and then settling down. I'm 5 months pregnant with a crappy boyfriend. I'm starting to get violent. I smacked him the other day without meaning to after reading a suspicious text message on his phone. I feel like I'm going crazy! Has anyone else felt this way? Why can't I control myself? Any Advice?

MiMiBreezy

Asked by MiMiBreezy at 1:55 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Relationships

• Unfortunately, at five months pregnant, I'm sure your hormones are raging in all sorts of ways, which is probably what is causing your crazy mood swings. Not to mention, if you don't feel too great about the relationship you are in, I'm sure that isn't helping. Take a deep breath and remember that what you are feeling is totally normal. Try doing things you enjoy to help you relax. Read a book. Drink some hot chocolate and watch a movie under a blanket on the couch. Take a walk. Take a warm bath. Whatever makes you feel calm and relaxed.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 1:59 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I know your hormones are going crazy right now BUT that is no excuse to hit. It actually sounds to me like You are angry because you are in a relationship that stinks and now you feel trapped. Add the hormones to that and it causes you to be out of control. Time to either leave him or learn some ways to control yourself.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 2:26 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I've felt like that when I lived with a boyfriend- I wasn't pregnant so I bet with you it may be even harder to control- but to me, not having commitment was so difficult, and figuring out "marriage" without the marriage was tough.

I would tell the doctor, but also find out what things relax you. It is a bath, spa day, reading a good book, taking a walk, listening to Enya? Whatever it is, you need to remember to take care of yourself...You may need a nap everyday- you're growing a little baby in there and it takes a lot out of you! Are you taking prenatals? Do you have someone to talk to?

TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 2:29 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• YES i have felt this way i was also prego and fliped out.... TRUST yourself and be aware when u feel that u need to be but dont hit i mean we learn this in pre school u know u can hit ne thing but not another human thats wrong..... like i said trust your self if u find something u dont like ask about it and make sure its an ok thing...
    mommiehopfuly

Answer by mommiehopfuly at 2:45 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• If the man ain't no good then stop worrying about him. I know it's easier said then done, but if you let your boyfriend go then this will relieve some of your stress. Stop trippin over a man that ain't worth caring about, and that ain't worried about you. If he wanna be around for your child then let him, if not put his ass on child support. Of course being pregnant, your hormones are going crazy and you will have these uncontrollable mood swings, but don't let someone who is worthless cause you more stress and pain. Good luck, stay strong, and hang in there babe.
    Anonymous