If you do the Showdowns on this site, do you get pissed about the Harry Potter pics posted?

Yes, I know they have a little group of Hogwarts (sad), and I know they have CM approval. But they still drive me friggin insane!

StarrMom2Xander

Asked by StarrMom2Xander at 1:59 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in About CafeMom

• I stopped voting on showdowns because of stupid crap like that. Like the OP said, if you could actually skip them it would be find but until you vote on them they keep coming up over and over and over again. So if you just vote, the next it one of those HP ones, so you skip it and vote on the next one and then again the same HP one comes up so you skip it again, vote and it is back...over and over.
    I don't vote on pictures the person obviously didn't take and that includes professional portraits, I don't care how cute the kid is. I also don't vote on photos that don't actually go with the category, no matter how cute the kid is. The whole showdown thing needs to be redone.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:07 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Why do they make you so angry?
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 2:03 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• imtheonlysane1, if I could click 'skip showdown' and the pic would go away, I wouldn't care. But when you click that it will still keep coming up.

I don't care about HP. I have no interest whatsoever in HP, so I don't want to keep seeing the pics over and over again.

StarrMom2Xander

Answer by StarrMom2Xander at 2:05 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I completely respect the fact that you would prefer not to see HP over and over but you have to respect other peoples right to continue to post them. I know it can be aggravating but nothing that can be done about it. But to answer your question yes it does get annoying to see the same thing over and over , but again it is their right.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 2:09 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Why is it sad to have an interest in reading?
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 4:42 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• So you would rather see people pit their kids against each other to see who is "cutest"? That is barbaric.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 4:42 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Are these showdowns the most important thing in your life? Does it really affect you that much that other people are doing this? Do you have nothing better to worry about?
    BlueSarah19

Answer by BlueSarah19 at 4:46 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Hmmm! Do you read? Is there anything that you do read that you really love and enjoy? Well, we do. There are over 400 moms in this group and we all get along and enjoy talking to one another and playing these games. You ladies on here who are bashing our group/family are awful. Our groupl has done nothing wrong and we are not hurting anybody. You are being disrepectful and rude. There is no need for this bullying what so ever.
    TinkerMoms

Answer by TinkerMoms at 4:49 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• So? If we're driving you friggin insane, why don't just ignore us? Whose asking you to pay any attention to us?
    I think a better question is... why are people so obsessed with what WE do? We're having a bit of fun, we're not attacking you or anyone else, we're simply enjoying a common interest and relaxing for a bit.
    You know, I don't have any interest whatsoever is seeing moms compete with each other to see who has the cutest baby, but you don't see me bitching about it, now do you? Because they're just having fun and using the features we have available here to do something they like.
    The intolerance of some people is unbelievable. Live and let live. If your mental health depends on not seeing a couple of Harry Potter pics on Cafemom... yikes.
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 4:50 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I would rather see my child have an intrest in reading, that's for sure, and Harry Potter has fostered that, we started with the first one, and he branched from that to, Charlotte Web, Jack London, Gary Paulson, and as for my love of Harry Potter, don't you wanna know what your child is reading? My love of the Harry Potter books helped me make the decision to limit my 9 year olds viewing of movies 1-4 and 4 was pushing it! So before you go calling us sad and such, perhaps you ought to look at your own literary horizons and that of your own child! I also think it is rude and distasteful to pit two children who don't know each other, who's MOM's don't know each other against one and other and let the world decide whom is cuter! BTW I don't like beauty pagents either for the same reason, and we wonder why our sons and daughters have issues with self-esteem!
    katelpn

Answer by katelpn at 5:08 PM on Oct. 23, 2008