Glass in foot. HELP!

So yesterday. broke glass. got a small piece in heel of my foot.
I cant see it. I see the cut where it can be found. but thats it..
Hubby has tried to help me out. but im soo squeamish about my feet its not funny! (I want to cry/ throw up like a big baby! LOL) ...

I have to get this out TONIGHT!!!
Its our ann. this weekend & we are going camping alone and plan on doing alot of walking!

HELP! Advice? What are some good ways to get it out ASAP!? Tweezers are not doing much. Ive been soaking my foot, but that made the cut even harder to see somehow!
:(

MommaTasha1003

Asked by MommaTasha1003 at 11:17 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Health

• You could have the dr help you get it out. Also there is something my mom used to use on us for splinters and stuff called "drawling salve"? It helps bring splinters and stuff to the surface about overnight to help get them out easier. Good luck!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:21 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Call the doctor tomorrow morning and tell them you need help getting the glass out.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 11:18 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• may have hubby get me the draw-n-salve or whatever its called.. my mom used it back in the day..i dont want to pay $50 to see my dr (no ins.)
    ive read salt water.. soaking foot now. just hoping our weekends doesnt get messed up b/c a teeny lil glass. ugh
    MommaTasha1003

Comment by MommaTasha1003 (original poster) at 11:27 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• You could always hop? lol. Sry. Hope it doesn't ruin your weekend either.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:41 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• hot water with epsom salts will help open the wound & draw it out. I used to get rocks in my feet all the time as a kid.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:46 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I am not sure how you are going to get it out...my 5 year old dd had this happen and walked around for a 10 days without complaining at all. It wasn't until it started to get infected that she said something...crazy I know. They , the dr , nicked her foot and with a scalpel and then used tweezers to get the glass splinter out...worked well.
    If you are going to be doing lots of walking I would suggest making a little ring around the area with something soft to minimize pressure on the area. Good luck!
    bookworm23

Answer by bookworm23 at 8:10 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• well.. i think ive got it out... my foot is still kinda sore though so i walk odd sometimes..
    we ended up staying home because of my foot & because "Aunt Flo" decided to visit without warning :(( This is our ann. weekend! So Im super bummed!
    MommaTasha1003

Comment by MommaTasha1003 (original poster) at 8:12 PM on Oct. 1, 2010