Better off without?

I'm not with my sons father and I just ended a year and a half long relationship in June. At this point, I think I'm happier without having a guy around. Between working and my son I don't feel like I have the energy to devote to a new relationship. Does that sound weird?

angiemgiu

Asked by angiemgiu at 2:03 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Relationships

• Doesn't sound weird at all. Sounds like a wonderful realization to me....that you don't need anyone but yourself and your son! There's a right time for everything, and it sounds to me like this isn't the right time for you to be in a relationship. Take some time for yourself!
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 2:05 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Sounds great... that is exactly what i did!!!
    nesamama

Answer by nesamama at 2:11 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• No that's exactly how I felt when me and my dh seperated for 6 mth's 3 yr's ago. Everyone would try and tell me to go out but It was'nt of interest, at all. If I see myself as a single mom I'll stay that way and devote myself to them. I would'nt trust another guy to come around and be w/ my girl's if not there father.
    2precious2

Answer by 2precious2 at 2:12 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• no
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:16 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• That is better for you and your son. It is SOOOOO hard to be in a relationship when there is a child involved. It happens, I'm married to a man who has a son from a previous relationship, whom I support and raise. And it is HARD! So I actually think you are doing the best possible thing for yourself and your child. And there will be a time when you are ready but it should be a long time from now, IMO.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:23 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• If only my SS's mother had been that smart before she involved him in her failed relationships. Self involved people should not be parents. Good thinkin'!
    Anonymous

• dont get me wrong, i am married to a wonderful guy but if anything ever happened to him i would be very content with me and my kids. i dont ever want to live my life without him but i dont think i would ever be with anyone else, i think its great to realize this i see so many of my friends have one relationship after another. i think some of them should take time to be as happy with themselves and their children. no its not weird i think you are a very confident women

sdeignan

Answer by sdeignan at 3:24 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Sounds like you are going to be just fine. You and your son will be healthier and happier if you get to focus on the one relationship that is the most important.. good luck to you mama and your son is lucky to have ya!!!
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:26 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• No sounds like that is what you need for awhile.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:47 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• That's not weird at all. Its good that u wanna put yourself and your child before a man. I really commend you. Don't worry about a man just take care of your house and home, and if a good man comes along then let him, if not don't go searching. When its meant to be/happen it will. Stay strong and take care of you and your child until your ready to take a chance. When you have a child it's more important to make those kind of good choices. Good luck Mama :)
    Anonymous