Does "Secret Life of the American Teenager" bug anyone else?

Something about the show "Secret Life of the American Teenager" just bugs me. It's entertaining, and they definitely show how hard it can be, but Amy comes across as so immature and very rarely rises to the occasion. She sometimes seems like she can't make a single decision. I realize that it's just a show and it's partially meant to discourage young parenthood, but does this irk anyone else?

KA91

Asked by KA91 at 11:24 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Entertainment

• Only see the previews when the kids have that channel on, but would not waste my time on that one. Even my kids think it's stupid
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 12:21 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I refuse to watch anything about teenage moms. The fact that our society is choosing to highlight this subject, I feel that it glorifies it. Teen mom and such. Great, the new cool thing is being a "Teen Mom".
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 11:40 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• i totally agree how society is in away making it ok to be a teen mom, and its not because babies cant raise babies, my son was born when i was 21, not much different from 18, or 16,but at least i finished high school, i have college education, and not living at home and working able to take care of my baby. in the show amy is completely imature cant handle anysituation right, and even threatens to prevent ricky from seeing his son, and i have noticed that alot of these teen show with babies do that they threaten the other parent with he child but that isnt only going to hurt the parent but the child as well. the show really does bug me, i can see u have 1 pregnant teen on the show but to put adrian pregnant also is kinda setting a trend out dont you think?
    Snavarro08

Answer by Snavarro08 at 9:46 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• well, it doesn't irk me, and although it does highlight teen pregnancy, it also highlights the hardships after (not in depth)...you see them throwing the child in the middle, or "taking" all rights away from the dad, simly bc they're the mom and they think it's ok, is something that happens every day with young moms. my bil's ex did this to him, and kept their son away from him for almost a year...and she's 23-24...any teen mom probably won't mature over night, or handle any situation the right way, as someone who's older might, and the show highlights that too.....for some, it's everyday life..you won't find very many teen moms, who know what to do, and can make the right decisions right away..they're still learning how to take care of themselves.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 9:56 AM on Oct. 1, 2010