neep help

i am 39 weeks and 3 days..and i felt myself leak today and then looked in my under wear there was a wet spot..does that mean my water is leaking?

s.bryant

Asked by s.bryant at 2:08 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-8 Credits)
  • Maybe call your ob or just go in...
    2precious2

Answer by 2precious2 at 2:09 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• No, i dont think so. If your water broke there would be A LOT (!!!) of water. like a bucket full of water almost.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:09 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Not in all a case's m.robert's. With my first dd I felt a small tear inside my tummy and some water came out but it was'nt a gush. The ride to the hospital I did'nt leak at all.
    2precious2

Answer by 2precious2 at 2:17 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• My dr told me to lay flat on my back & put on a pad.He said if the pad was soaked within 30 min to go in. Its not always a lot of water, you could just have a leak.
    LilCsMommy

Answer by LilCsMommy at 2:51 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Does it smell like urine? Amniotic fluid will not smell like urine. The baby can push a little pee out - wonderful I know. I agree with LilC -- Lay down with a pad on, give yourself a bit 30 minutes, then stand up and go to the bathroom. If the pad is wet, even if its just a leak, I would go to the hospital. Once you start losing fluids you usually need to have the baby within 24 hours. Sometimes your membranes will rupture but the baby's head acts as a "plug" keeping the real gush of water from happening. It's better to be safe then sorry.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 2:58 PM on Oct. 23, 2008