what kind of toys would you put in a tub for a 10 yr old girl?

I was imagining a kind of shaped sponge with soap in the middle. they sell them in see threw plastic, like frogs, turtles, buttlerflys, and their colored with soap in them, making it more fun for those not -so -e-z- days of pre- teen yrs.

Have any ideas, please feel free to imagine more !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Sorry, but at 10 kids don't play with toys in the bathtub. I would buy some girlie soaps and bubble baths, but not toys.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:33 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• NONE!!!

Take her to Bath & Body works and let her pick out a shower gel or something special like that. She needs to be taking a shower and not sitting in her own filth.

You could try setting a timer and telling her she has 5min to take a shower or....XYZ will be the consequence, and when she does it then reward her with a special movie, or paint her nails for her, or something that is JUST for Her and Mommy. No siblings, no daddy, just a girls day
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:37 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• YEP. agree that no toys are needed. My step-daughter is 10 and she showers on her own. Special soaps and lotions are great, bc 10 is the new 13 where she wants to feel older. A blow dryer or play make-up would be better.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 11:41 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My sister would not take a shower at that age and my mom finally told her do it and do it right or I will help you. She did it, she didn't like it and it was a struggle every night for about 6 months.

I juts called that sister and asked her what she would have liked at that age and she had a great idea.

Money soap. LOL! Anyway, it might motivate her to want to take a shower.  Also I would make the shower non-negotiable. Take a shower and do it right or lose privileges...tv, video games, playing outside, whatever she loves the most.

Good luck!

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:50 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• my daughter takes her barbie dolls so that she can wash their hair
    msbrewton

Answer by msbrewton at 11:55 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Ok - so when we are mommies we take baths to relax - when we are 10 we can't take baths because we sit in our own filth? Kinda brutal hun...

Anyway - I do agree with most everyone - she is old enough to take a shower AND I agree to help her find some fun and smelly soap and shampoo. Suave makes a nice line of kids' stuff. My 7 year old takes a shower on her own. She does like to play with the foamy soap :) If she does happen to take a bath she takes barbies in with her, but that is rare. Or maybe you don't have a shower? Seriously - when I was young we lived in an old house and HAD to take baths - there was no shower head, only a bathtub. In that case, I would still encourage her to get in, get it done and done right, and get out. She can play when she is done.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 12:11 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• ps...I like your ideas that you had in your question - they are as good as any of the answers here!! :)
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 12:12 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• you are better off with kid soap sets for early teens.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:50 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I have the opposite problem. I have a 12 yo dd that will take a shower but won't take a bath. She stopped at 9 and hasn't taken one since. I want her to use MORE soap and can barely see any missing but she claims she's using it. She is such a Tomboy and not a 'girly girl' and I wish she was but not so. Have fun at Bath & Body, other fun places. I miss out on the primpy stuff, maybe someday she will like those things. lol
    cat4458

Answer by cat4458 at 5:40 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• No toys for 10 yr olds! They should be bathing and then getting out.
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 5:49 PM on Oct. 1, 2010