Best diaper rash solution?

what is the best diaper rash cream or "fix" you have used? my 7 week old has very sensitive skin and she has a rash now from pooping. its bumpy. this is the only type of rash she gets, the bumpy kind. and im sure its not thrush rash. right now im usin Desitin and Johnsons mixed together ot Burts Bees mixed with Desitin. i also have baby powder, ot sure if this helps it or not. what do you do for a bad rash?

mywonderyears

Asked by mywonderyears at 11:31 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Squirt breast milk on it and let the baby go diaper free.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:33 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I can't think of the name of the stuff I liked to use, my kids are all older now. The only thing I remember is that it was like vaseline. It was for diaper rash though. Sorry I'm not more help!
    mochamomof3

Answer by mochamomof3 at 11:33 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• well first of all ive been giving my 16 month old a bath every night since i brought him home from the hospital. its a must to not get diaper rash. i also put a A&D ointment all over his diaper area after every bath because its a skin protecter. if he does get a rash, i give him a nice long bath and then i use desitin, and lots of it, sometimes i mix desitin and A&D ointment.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:34 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• a & d works good
    rachel_07

Answer by rachel_07 at 11:35 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I really liked the feel and results of boudreaux butt paste in the squeeze tube. When my son was that age I would add powder on top of the paste but I never had any way of knowing if that actually helped. It made me feel better to do more and I know it couldn't have hurt him in any way. I had tried quite a few different brands and this was by far my favorite.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 11:36 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• When my youngest was in NICU he got a red bottom (not a rash per se - they didn't let it go that far) and they gave us this stuff called Sensi-Care made by ConvaTec. I think you may only be able to get it through a hospital - I've never seen it anywhere on a store shelf.It is petrolatum and zinc oxide. It is awesome!! On the rare occasion he gets a rash, I use this and it clears it up by the next diaper change. Ways to prevent them is to change them often, let them go diaper free for a while, and always use some kind of diaper cream or vaseline or something as a protectant. For my older 2 I used Bag Balm. It traditionally was used for cow's udders after milking, but it is amazing for diaper rash on babies!!! I used to only get it at the farm store, but now you can buy it at Walmart and Target. It worked better than any other diaper cream besides this sensi-care stuff.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 12:04 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Zinc and pure cornstarch

Vaseline and only wipe your child when they have a bowel movement at the end of day use mineral oil to remove the Vaseline
    Sheleekieije

Answer by Sheleekieije at 12:08 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Corn starch or Butt Paste. Both worked wonders for my daughter's rash.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:16 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• petrolum jelly works better than every cream it stays better too...
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 12:42 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• what kind of diapers do you use? my son has sensitive skin too. i thought he got a rash because of pooping or peeing. it was actually his diapers. he is allergic to most brands. he would get a rash every time we used any diapers other than pampers or luvs. as soon as we used those brands the rash would go away. it took me a few weeks to figure out that.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 2:23 AM on Oct. 1, 2010