Do you smoke in front of your baby

now i do not smoke in my house or in the car with my baby but the other day me and my hubby where standing outside the car smoking and this lady with a 2 year old stared yelling at us telling us we should not smoke in front of the baby now she was in the car with the door open as we doing this but we where not by the door but just a few steps away not 2 get the smoke by her

Paigesmommy78

Asked by Paigesmommy78 at 11:32 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We do not smoke around our 2 year. We do have one room that we smoke in, which he never goes in within our home. We also smoke on occasion when out with him, but he safely sits in his car seat with doors closed for those couple of minutes within our view at all times. I would have told her to "fuck off" and mind her business and her children. You did nothing wrong! At least you were outside of the car and not forcing your baby to smoke with you inside the car!!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:42 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• you should have had the door and windows shut and the air on. you cant have the door open, the smoke will get in the car.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:33 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I never have, and never will. I don't allow anyone else to smoke around her, either.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:16 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Nope not a smoker
    Sheleekieije

Answer by Sheleekieije at 12:05 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• i don't smoke. my fiance goes outside to smoke. she probably said something because children can develop asthma from their parents smoking. even if you don't smoke directly around your child. standing outside the car with the door open can let the smoke in.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 2:17 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I don't smoke and I don't let her be around people smoking. If I did smoke and was in the 'car situation' I would have shut the doors and windows and put the air con on..or waited until we were home and gone in the garden. At first I thought you said the 2 year old was yelling at you lol
    Melissa15

Answer by Melissa15 at 10:11 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• nope never have never will. to me thats setting a bad example. plus is health hazard to everyone
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:10 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• It's great that you are trying to keep smoke away from your child. As long as you smoke your child is going to be at risk. Even the smoke on your clothes and hair increases SIDS risk and you should never sleep with your baby. Smoking is an emotional issue with people. You never know what that woman is going through. She may have just had a miscarriage and have thoughts like, "I can't even stay pregnant and those people are smoking around their baby!" You never know.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:54 PM on Oct. 1, 2010