Trading/Selling Baby Stuff

Hi Everyone -

I was just wondering if there is a forum or place within this site for selling/buying/trading baby paraphenalia? My husband and I are "un-expectedly" expecting a new addition to our family at the end of January and are thinking we could save a ton of money buying certain things that are "gently used" (changing table We have a 14 month old son, and I know I was delighted to pass the items he'd grown too big for down to cousins and friends. Anyway, just wondering if this sort of space existed w/in cafemom.

Thanks much,
Melissa

BabyNewYear

Asked by BabyNewYear at 2:13 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Shopping

• try craigslist or freecycle.

you can also do a group search for trading baby items or selling baby items.
    Anonymous

• I HAVE SEEN THIS A GROUP, JUST SEARCHING THE GROUP SECTIONS. BUT IT WAS AWHILE AGO. GOOD LUCK, CAUSE I ENJOY THE SAME.

WHERE DO YOU LIVE? I MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP YOU OUT.
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 2:26 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I have lots of baby items !!!
    ljzmama

Answer by ljzmama at 2:54 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I live in Stamford. With our son we bought just about everything new thinking we wanted all new stuff, but now that I see how little use a majority of the stuff actually gets I'm not so concerned about everything being brand new. I'm also a much more laidback mom now that I'm onto baby number 2 :) I purchased the Inglesina Zippy stoller for our son which has a car seat (made by a company called Compass) that's compatible with no other strollers...major bummer as most double strollers I've seen are compatible with at least 3 major brands (Graco Snugride, Britax Companion...etc.) We're hoping to find a changing table (preferrably with a few drawers for storage) and a barely used, never been in an accident Graco or Britax car seat so that we can snap it into the double stroller that we have to buy :) Also, I would like to find a Glider / Ottoman set for rocking the baby.

Thanks so much!
    -Melissa
    BabyNewYear

Answer by BabyNewYear at 4:23 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I know your on the other side of CT but look up Once Upon a Child its a kids/baby consignment shop. I go to the one in Manchester. A lot of times you can get stuff with the tags still on it for a few $'s. As your baby grows if you have stuff thats still in good shape you can bring it back and they'll give you either store credit or cash for your stuff.
    maddie.star

Answer by maddie.star at 12:31 AM on Oct. 25, 2008