your worst mommy moment?

What is your worst moment? Something you have done as a parent that you are not proud of. I kinda want to know Im not the only one who has made a horrible mistake with their child.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• I slapped my oldest son when he was about 15-18 months old across the room

but it was in reaction of him biting me on the inside of my thigh and I was not expecting to slap him across the room it just happned.

Tell you what though............... HE NEVER BIT ME AGAIN
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 11:47 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Christmas morning when my daughter was 2, she started crying and saying she was scared of Santa. Wouldn't come downstairs. All of my "perfect" Christmas morning visions were ruined. I was tired from just having my second baby, I had barely slept in days, and that just threw me over the edge. I spanked her and screamed at her. Horrible, awful, worst-mommy-ever thing to do. I don't know what I was thinking. Thankfully, there have been happy (and less eventful) holidays since then. But I don't know if I'll ever forgive myself for that one Christmas. I was a monster for about two minutes, and I'll always regret it. My poor kid was genuinely scared, and I punished her for it. Unreal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• i have lost my temper a few times and yelled at my son who is 16 months old now. i smacked his hand once. :(
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:52 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I don't know of anyone who hasn't had a "worst" moment. One of my worst - and kind of most embarrassing - moments was with my 2nd child. Dh and I were watching ds play soccer and told dd (2nd child) she could play on the playground. It was directly next to the soccer field and we were right there. We put our chairs down and then moved down the field a little bit to video ds playing. DD went to our chairs, saw they were empty, and wandered out to our car!!! Holy crap! Thank God another mom found her there. She had NEVER wandered off like that and dh and I were horrified!! Not only that, but it happened to be a girl dh had gone to school with several years earlier, so he was pretty embarrassed after getting over the shock of knowing we had let her wander off and didn't realize it. It STILL feels awful and that was 4 or 5 years ago!!!
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 11:53 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• When I was leaving to go to the store once, my 3yo asked if she could go with me. I said "No, stay with Daddy", shut the front door and left. Well....turns out I didn't make sure Daddy was awake yet and he was still asleep. After I had driven off in the car, Alice opened the front door and wandered outside trying to find me. I got back from the store a little while later to find DH sleeping and my 3yo gone. It was the most terrifying, worst moment of my life. I found her just down the street (a wonderful mother had found her and was walking her back, thank heavens!!) - when Alice couldn't find me, she decided to walk to the store by herself. Bless her heart, she was wearing her Hannah Montana pajamas and her dad's size 11 Nike tennis shoes. Worst, worst, worst mommy moment EVER. Needless to say, I learned my lesson.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 11:59 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• When my oldest was 4 months old I accidentally locked the keys inside my car and I couldn't get the spare set from home because everyone was at work. I called AAA and of course was told it would be an hour or so before they could get there and the police wouldn't open it for me. As soon as I got off of the phone he woke up and started crying and there was nothing I could do about it. It was horrible standing there trying to calm him and myself down and I couldn't get to him. Finally a nice man called his brother who was a repo man and he came within 2 minutes and opened the door for me.
    Leigh519121

Answer by Leigh519121 at 1:06 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• When a very close friend of mine died I was crushed and when my DD (who also loved that person) was trying to hug me I gave her a quick hug and sent her to her room. I felt terrible because she was hurting too but I only saw my pain. Thankfully, I realised it right away and apologized.
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 9:29 AM on Oct. 1, 2010