do you think waiting to be more financially stable is a reason to wait to have another baby?

Our DD is 3 yo and we want to have another. but my mother thinks we should wait until we are more financially stable, we have a new car, we rent a great townhouse, out bills are paid and we never ask anyone for anything. we are not on welfare both have good full time jobs and good insurance, should we wait a few years until we find a house we want to buy and another new car or just follow our hearts?

austynsmama

Asked by austynsmama at 4:17 PM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It sounds like you guys are doing fine and I'd go for it if that's what you want to do. Don't let anyone else tell you how to live your life. They had their chance...
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:19 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• you sound pretty stable to me id say follow your heart. if you were on welfare and having trouble paying your rent/bills i would say wait.
    Jolenemom2

Answer by Jolenemom2 at 4:19 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• You sound pretty financialy stable to me. Many people have children when they are worse off. Myself included (we were fine when my son was born but in a rut when my daughter was concieved...we made it work though).

There is never a perfect time to have a child. I wouldn't let anyone try and tell you when you should have one. The two of you should talk about it and figure out if it's what you really want right now. If it is then go for it!
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 4:21 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I would say stability is not a problem you should be concerned with. My mother always says that if you wait for the right time, you will never have children. There is always something that you can rationalize into a reason to wait. If you feel comfortable and your husband feels comfortable, go for it. You are always gonna get heat from someone about your decisions, but you should go with you gut on this. Now, if you were living with your mother, or on welfare, or looking for work, my answer would be much different. Good luck to you.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:39 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• you sound stable to me everything is getting done on time and took care of so if i was you i would follow my heart
    michaelsgirl169

Answer by michaelsgirl169 at 5:40 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I think that if YOU (not your mom) feel that you are ready and you have the means (which it sounds like you do) then go for it!! You will have 9 months to get prepared for the new baby, and it sounds like you guys have it together, so I say GO FOR IT!!!
    KeelinsMommy

Answer by KeelinsMommy at 7:03 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Follow your hearts. It always works out...
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:15 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I think as long as you're not living with Mommy and Daddy and able to provide what you are comfortable with providing for your children, Go For It! It might not hurt to spend six months setting aside money first (like what you would spend in baby needs anyways plus a little extra), and by the end of the six months if you still feel the same, then you've got money saved and you had plenty of time to come to the right decision! :)
    JohnnyCakes

Answer by JohnnyCakes at 1:25 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• sounds to me like you guys are doing just fine. I say as long as the finances of another child will not put you in debt or anything like that you should follow your heart and do what feels right to you.
    LovingLandyn08

Answer by LovingLandyn08 at 4:55 PM on Jul. 3, 2008