"Ok Amanda it's time to let it go"

That's what I keep saying to myself. I know this item is no biggie but it's the memories behind it. Today I went to give my 10 month old a bath in the baby tub (he is only the size of a 5 month old), well Joshua has outgrown the tub now :( I know it's just a silly tub, but we bought it when I was pregnant with out 1st child and we bathed all 3 kids in it. It's hard to think that the tub is going bye bye now because no more babies will be coming in our house. My kids are getting bigger and yeah it's making me sad cause I wish I could keep them babies longer, but I had no idea the tub would literally make me cry lmao.

Do you have any items to you that are hard to let go of?

JAJA_Steele

Asked by JAJA_Steele at 11:47 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i am horrible- i have a hard time letting any clothes go! i went through my oldest childs clothes recently and i had even kept ones with spit up stains on them everywhere- like i would actually use them again lol
    MamaHardy2008

Answer by MamaHardy2008 at 11:52 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I actually felt this way about giving birth to my kids. You have this amazing bond with them on the inside for 9 months and you want to see them so bad. But you have to say goodbye to that inner bond you have shared with them. Its just change I guess, but in a way a bath tub is the same thing. Each stage, you move on to a new stage and they start to develope wings to fly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Anon, I agree 100% and my last child I got cheated I only got to enjoy the inner bond for 5 and a half months lol. But what you say is very true.
    JAJA_Steele

Comment by JAJA_Steele (original poster) at 11:55 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I am sentimental about so many things. I tend to talk myself into keeping things just in case or for this or that reason....then about twice a year I will go back through and decide what I really need to keep. I guess it's easier to let go of them after thinking about it for a while. It is sad when our kids start growing up. I think it's normal to get emotional over things like that.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 12:15 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• A box full of baby clothes from 20 years ago! LOL
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 1:22 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

I felt the exact same way! It sucked for me because my twins arrived early and when I left the hospital without them all I wanted was to have them back in my belly where I knew they were ok. My dd came home after 2 weeks and her brother was released 2 weeks after she was. They were great company in my belly and I felt "empty" for a while giving birth. Plus I won't be having any more kids so it REALLY sucks......

Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 1:36 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I can not bring myself to let go of anything!!!!!! I have an excuse right now because I'm pregnant and we're not finding out the sex until birth. I know that when it comes time to start getting rid of stuff I'm gonna cry my eyes out. I've said that this is our last baby but who knows maybe I will reconsider in a few years and then I don't have to get rid of my stuff just yet!!!!!!!!

Mommyto2ladies

Answer by Mommyto2ladies at 11:23 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Right now I am going through Connor's clothes and 3 bags (kitchen trash bags) of clothes that were given to us. I am ready to rip my hair out because I am afraid of giving away something I might need
    jmetz4

Answer by jmetz4 at 3:15 PM on Oct. 1, 2010