what songs do you sing to your baby

now i don't know many songs and don't feel like keep singing the same 3 songs over and over but my hubby sings punk metal songs 2 are 5week old

Paigesmommy78

Asked by Paigesmommy78 at 11:51 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (the full version)
    Home On the Range
    The Ants Go Marching... (can't remember the exact name)
    Oranges and Lemons
    Rock-a-bye Baby
    Hush Little Baby...
    There are several I like to sing. If you do a google search for nursery rhymes there are some good sites with the words. Eventually I'm going to print some out and make a book for my DS.
    FroggyFeet

Answer by FroggyFeet at 12:00 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I don't really sing to them.
    But the whole, "You are my sunshine" song, is probably one of the only songs I sing.
    laurenxoxo

Answer by laurenxoxo at 11:55 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I sing what ever comes to me when I start to sing but mostly I hum the tune my father (step) would sing to my little sister
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 11:53 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• DH and I are both big Disney lovers, and I've always sung my daughters Disney songs. They're random ones and all over the board, but my kids seem to love songs from the old, obscure classic live-action Disney movies the best. The great thing about singing to your kids is they don't care WHAT you sing! :)
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 11:54 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• i sing my 10 week old the ABCs :) or just do nursery rhymes if you can't think of a song. they have books of nursery rhymes and songs :) That way you can refresh your memory
    MamaHardy2008

Answer by MamaHardy2008 at 11:54 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My first daughter I sang, "You are my sunshine." It became my special song to her. For my son, I sing, "Go to sleep, go to sleep little Devin." Only I say boogie-boo instead to be silly. I haven't picked a song for my now 4 month old daughter. Hmmmmm I should really get on that!! lol :)
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 11:55 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Amazing grace, I love you - you love me, you are my sunshine, rock-a-bye baby..& a song I made up called "Mom-moms little baby" and "baby kitty cat" lol.. & the ABC's
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 12:01 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• You are my Sunshine, Baby of mine, when you say nothing at all,twinkle twinkle little star,heaven or any other songs that come to mind
    Sheleekieije

Answer by Sheleekieije at 12:03 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I sing my daughter songs that I learn in my church choir. The song "Down by the River" from the movie Brother Where Art Thou...is awesome!! hehe.
    Disney songs...
    Popular Songs on the radio...
    We bought the CD that is personalized too for her to listen to..
    Make songs up.
    Ella_Bella20

Answer by Ella_Bella20 at 12:03 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• haha, i sing queen and journey songs to the baby. she also loves katy perry. DF and i are big music lovers. he plays her the guitar all the pop punk type music he listens to and all day i sing to her all my favorite music and stuff on the radio. i also sing babylove to her. and we dance around the house in her carrier or i move her little legs around while shes in her bouncy chair...
    meggo66

Answer by meggo66 at 12:04 AM on Oct. 1, 2010