apple shaped women - jeans

I have had a hard time finding a great pair of jeans since having my son, and thus keeping a few excess pounds. If you are an apple shape, do you have any recommendations for brands of jeans/style of jeans that fit well? I've been trying different ones on, but no great luck. Thanks!

TarraJoy

Asked by TarraJoy at 11:54 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• why dont you just loose weight
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:54 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• i have not found a pair of jeans that fit right...i have a big back side my husband so says that god went a little too extra when he made me...lol so i have the problem of having my crack out...if they fit in the back then the waist is way too big and it's too long so it's a mystery...lol
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 11:59 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Well PURPULbutterful, that's a great idea ... and I'm working on it! I have 10ish pounds to go, but in the meantime, I don't think people will appreciate me walking around without clothes. Thanks for the encouraging answer though!
    TarraJoy

Comment by TarraJoy (original poster) at 11:59 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I am apple shaped too,and I am about 15 pounds overweight. I can't wear jeans that are low waisted....they slide down. LOl. I have to wear jeans that have a waistline at the waist so they will stay up----because my waist is only a few inches smaller than my hips. SO, I would suggest that you avoid tight ,low waist jeans.If the waist is too low, you will get the muffin-top effect,you know?
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:06 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• im not positive what an "apple shape" is. but i for sure have a pear shape. tiny waist and big hips and booty. plus im only five feet so its hard to find a size 12 for a shorty like me. but american eagle has always been the best place for me to get jeans. i literally will not buy jeans anywhere else..and the last 10 lbs are the hardest. im working on getting my last 10 preggo pounds off now too.
    meggo66

Answer by meggo66 at 12:06 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• try jeans with higher waist lines, and in one size larger. around the waste area. You may have to get tailoring done to the legs.

If all else fails, try some pregnancy jeans for now.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:45 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• have never heard of apple shape b4 try Levis with stretch i love them dark shade
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 1:21 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Old Navy
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 2:05 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Have you tried Fashion Bug ? They have jeans that are called right fit and depending on how your current pants fit you can choose which one will work best for you . Hope this helps you. http://www.rightfit.com/find-your-right-fit/
    Sheleekieije

Answer by Sheleekieije at 7:36 PM on Oct. 10, 2010