Baby eczema

My 7 month old has had eczema for a long time now. I don't think it is caused by allergies because I got it as a kid as well. We use non scented everything like Aquaphor for bath time and aveeno lotion. We have also tried Cortisone and Aquaphor healing ointment. Nothing helps! Any more suggestions, Moms? Has anything worked for your babies??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Gentle Naturals Eczema Cream in the infant area of the store. Aveeno baby and though it may cost a bit more the creamy baby wash is rich and thick and works wonders on my two and they have it really bad they also make a corresponding creamy lotion that goes with it
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 12:07 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• A+D ointment is safe even on face and lips, it is the inly thing that works for us. When my son has a breakout I put it on before bed and he is so much better by morning.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 8:05 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Have you taken your baby to the doctor for it? There is a prescription ointment that will heal the eczema and once it is healed you only have to use it when new patches crop up. Eczema is a skin condition brought on by allergies. It could be to anything, including dust. My 4 year old had it as a baby, but eventually grew out of it.
    jvfierro

Answer by jvfierro at 9:55 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• my dd is 3 1/2 yrs and still has severe eczema. she has an allergy to eggs and milk. make sure your baby doenst have any milk allergies. dairt can make eczema worse. i also change her room to hardwood floor. next year the whole house. if you bf make sure you take all dairy from your diet, if you formula feed switch to soy. i used avenoo products and eucerin. i bathe my dd every other day in the summer and evry 3 days in winter. water and soap can make eczema worse. i also have a filter for the shower. my dd only wears 100% cotton. and she does get medecine at nite to help her stop itching.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:02 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• The only thing that truly worked for my kids with eczema was Eczema no more by Forces of Nature. But I don't know if it's safe for babies?
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 6:40 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• My daughter has eczema. Big thing, don't give a lot of baths. They tend to be drying. I used either Dr. Bronner's soap or a bar soap (usually olive oil soap or soap with other kinds of oils). You need to lotion after EVERY bath. This is essential. Try to get good lotion like stuff you would get at the co-op. Change laundry detergent as they can be sensitive to that, use free and clear kinds and either avoid fabric softener or use free and clear. If you have hard water, put some baking soda in when you go to give your baby a bath as that will neutralize the water (especially if it has a lot of chlorine in it). Those are some suggestions. Also use cortisone cream sparingly for the real tough spots.
    Simply_Janeen

Answer by Simply_Janeen at 4:01 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Try Halo Technical Comfort clothing. It's reduces itching and irritation caused by eczema and sensitive skin and wicks away moisture. The material is just like the UnderArmour stuff. It's even approved by the National Eczema Association. You can get more info at www.halocomforts.com.
    smittendorff

Answer by smittendorff at 10:59 PM on Oct. 3, 2010