she wont eat!

My 15 month daughter used to eat everything she could get hers hands on, but here lately i can barely get her to eat at all. and most the time when she will eat its only foods that arent too healthy, If you knew me you would know i have worked hard so far to keep her on a healthy diet and i dont want her to have unhealthy eating habits, how can i get her back on track?

Jmakeupmommy

Asked by Jmakeupmommy at 12:04 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try freezing GoGurts, the yogart in a tube - they think it is a posicle! Not the very best choice but better than nothing, Have you tried string cheese or avocado?
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 12:21 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Dont give her the unhealthy foods. She can only eat what you give her unless somebody else is feeding her. Keep offering a variety of fruits and healthy foods.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:28 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Growth spurt maybe? My daughter went through this at 12 mos and doc told me it could just be a growth spurt and when it's over they'll go back to their regular habits. Also, is she teething? Sometimes that will do it as well. If it's been going on for some time though, I would call the doc and see what he says.
    Samie8183

Answer by Samie8183 at 12:09 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• My son is sliding the same way. I asked his pedi and was told their appitite just slows a little because they are not hitting the same amount of growth spurts. Just try to keep the snacks healthier and hopefully it picks back up son. Luckily I can make my son eat fruit any time, but some days I think thats all he has :(
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 12:13 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Pediasure is an excellent way to make sure she's getting her nutrients my kid's a picky eater but refuses to eat fast food don't encourage unhealthy foods
    andielina0984

Answer by andielina0984 at 12:23 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I feel like mine does get alot of fruit as well but french fries seem to be about the only other thing on her mind! its only been going on about a week though so i will give it a little more time! thanks for the answers!
    Jmakeupmommy

Comment by Jmakeupmommy (original poster) at 12:19 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• i agree with all the other moms..i do pedisure for mine so they dont really realize that they are getting their nutrients..fruits an organic chips an snacks are great
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 1:35 AM on Oct. 1, 2010