Everyone says DH and I are crazy....

We named our son Thomas Cace and he goes by Cace. Thomas is a family first name, and they all, etc the original go by whatever their middle name is. If we have another boy close in age we want to name him Cace Thomas and go by Thomas so we can still honor his family member and have 1 boy go by that name. Plus we think it would be awesome when they play tricks on people and answer to the wrong name, lol.

lasombrs

Asked by lasombrs at 12:05 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Baby Names

• I fail to see how that makes you crazy, that's ridiculous (what they say I mean). I think that's pretty awesome too.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 12:08 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I see where you are coming from but I don't think that's fair to either child. A child needs their own identity. What if the second one chooses to go by his first name?
    That is a horrible idea.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 12:09 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Sorry but that is crazy......
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:06 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• It could cause them a lot of trouble with their credit scores and social security numbers. Their names would be nearly identical, and their parents names identical. My dad and my brother had enough trouble, because they had the same name, and they didn't even have the same parents, and were obviously much further apart in age. I don't think the fun would be worth the lifetime of problems.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:20 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• If it were me w/ the same name on my Birth Cert as one of my siblings I would be upset my parents didn't give me my own name. Siblings have to share so much, to share a name wouldn't be fun.

Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 12:13 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I think your motives to name them, basically the same name, so they can play "pranks" is just childish. This is your child's NAME, not something to joke around with because you think it might be cute. Think of how your oldest will feel to have his name taken by his younger sibling... and think of how annoying it might be for them when you think it will be funny that people will mistake them, they might not find humor in it!
    I think it's fine if you want to use the name Thomas again to honor family.... but Cace is your son's name, it shoudn't be used again, it's unfair for him.
    My suggestion would be to honor a different family member altogether....
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:29 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I think it's unusual but this is your child and you can name him what you want. I wouldn't name him that to play pranks on your family though, it wouldn't be fair to baby.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:11 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• i dont think they would like that as they got older
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 12:37 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• That just seems like it would be a huge mess! I wouldn't do it.
    Leigh519121

Answer by Leigh519121 at 2:18 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I agree with jenellemarie.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 12:12 AM on Oct. 1, 2010