Do i have epidural complications?

I delivered my second child on july 2, 2010 i got an epidural and at the time of the epidural i did feel i weird tingeling pain in my left leg, which i thought was normal, since then i have had lower back pain, pain in both thighs and in my pelvic/lower abdomen area. the pain sometimes feels like when your foot falls asleep sometimes itll be a quick pain like someone is squeezing a nerve, or when its in the front it will be a constant eary pain. I do not currently have insurance so i wanted to know your guys opinion before making a three hour drive to the native american hospital. Are these pains normal?

Jmakeupmommy

Asked by Jmakeupmommy at 12:12 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Health

• I would bring it up with your doctor. I had an epidural and the only after effect I had once it wore off was a slight bruised spot where the needle went in. That only lasted a couple weeks.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:31 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• im allergic to the epidural.. i go into tremors badly .. its possible tho talk to your dr
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 12:34 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I have the same thing going on. Mine comes and goes from being constant or just a quick sharp pain. For 12 hours after the epidural my whole leg was numb. I mentioned it to my Dr and they kind of blew it off as normal.
    mandapanda942

Answer by mandapanda942 at 8:29 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I have pains where my epi was inserted but I heard that is normal cause anytime you are messing with your spine its usually pretty long lasting effects. Like people who have done acid if they years down the road are to even pop their back wrong they can go into a trip again. So Ive heard never done it before so cant vouge for that. And as for hips and stuff mine always ace. I assumed it was propbably the joy of child birth.
    Nikky0803PAG

Answer by Nikky0803PAG at 8:58 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I had sensitivity where mine was inserted; The tech who did it said that was impossible (naturally). I don't have it anymore, thankfully. I'm sorry for your pain. I hope you get it worked out.
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 9:57 PM on Oct. 1, 2010