For those of you that use Frontline or Advantage on thier pet, which have you found to be the most effective?

thismamacooks

Asked by thismamacooks at 12:14 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Pets

• Right now, my dog is using Advantage. I applied it 2wks ago and I just saw a flea on her today. But then again, it works better if you treat the house as well, with like a flea bomb or other kind of sprays you can buy at the pet store, which I haven't done. I have used Frontline on her, and she broke out in hives. Nothing too serious that a little Benedril couldn't help though. She has pretty sentive skin, so I stick to Advantage. It is expensive, but I buy it off of ebay for way less. I got a 6 months supply, for 20 bucks!
    RubyBlue82

Answer by RubyBlue82 at 4:02 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I used to use them, the dog still got fleas. After finding fleas, I finally asked the vet about something better, Comfortis. It's a monthly pill that prevents fleas. It works immediately. I've kept my dog on it for about six months straight now. It's a life saver as far as I am concerned.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:34 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I like Advantage the best for fleas
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 2:15 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I heard that if you give them garlic to eat it helps with fleas.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 12:23 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Neither worked at all for me. I ended up having a huge flea infestation and my poor dogs were beside themselves from itching. I got a pill called Comfortis from the vet and it knocked all the fleas out within 2 days! I highly recommend just using that.
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 8:17 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• frontline
    armywife8879

Answer by armywife8879 at 9:40 PM on Oct. 1, 2010