Do you feel its ok or just part of life?

Me and my husband thought about having a second child but currently, financially we think having a savings fund and education fund and having extra money for our sons future activities is too important to have another child and struggle to have the same for both.. but then we see people with far less and sometimes not even insurance to give thier child care TRYING to have more children.. we can NOT comprehend this.. I mean, kids are amazing and the more the gift I get, BUT,.. shouldn't you be able to correctly provide a future for your child also ? I get sometimes prevention fails so this is only for the people who TRY ....what is your thought process.. in a totally respectful question asking manner

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 12:20 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• We have 2 children and we won't have anymore because we can't afford more, now or later.
    Leigh519121

Answer by Leigh519121 at 12:52 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Honestly some parents don't think about their children's future all they think about how cute babies are and then they are screwed when they can pay for college my 4 year old has her college tuition pretty much paid for but we're still adding to her trust fund we want a second child too but when i remember how expensive babies are it makes me thankful to choose to wait right now but a sibling for my daughter will be a must i just also debate that she's 4 and i don't want them to be too far apart in age either.
    andielina0984

Answer by andielina0984 at 12:34 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• We are a low income family but the thought of having our children is what gets us I have four now and I am not going to have any more cause I had my tubes tied and I am working on caring for them we3ll an we do do it very well. I am not sure why I decided to have four lol but my two older children were not planned nor my very last one he was a surprise I went i cause i though I had the flu my other baby was only five months old and I was shocked!
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 12:27 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• we are a military family, and will be until our children go to college, and we have 5 kids! Mind ou, we only make 1200 dollars every 2 weeks, but we get our home an untilites free, insurance is free, and we have a good savings, including bonds for our kids college, olus the military will pay their college for free if they maintain a certain GPA! BUT even if e were civilians, we wouls till have as many children as God blessed us with! We believe that sex was made for procreation! God gave us the ability to have children, and expects that if we have sex, that is why we are dong so! Now, I know MANY low income families that have 3-5 kids, and do just fine!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:43 AM on Oct. 1, 2010