Do you ever wear a wedding ring out in public even though you are not married?

What were the results when you did?

Indyk

Asked by Indyk at 12:33 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• I kept a dummy ring in my apron when I was waitressing to keep pervs at bay. It would sometimes reduce my tips, but it was worth not being drooled on by drunks.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:36 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• When I was 17 I did lol. When my friends and I didn't want to be hit on we wore a nice ring on our finger. It didn't work then. I am married now and it still don't work. Guys still hit on me despite the fact I am married with kids.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 12:37 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• That is a great idea!
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 12:42 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• That seems a little silly to me. It would kind of be like putting a carseat in your car even though you don't have a baby...
    Leigh519121

Answer by Leigh519121 at 12:54 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• 4 years before wer got married, my (now) Husband gave me a promise ring for our one year anniversary. I went and got it sized for my middle finger because I had NO idea you were supposed to wear promise rings on your ring finger. Anyway, I got it resized after feeling like a dumbass and wore it every day until we got married. Now I wear it on my other hand. :) it is technically an engagement ring so people just assumed it was and I didnt mind. Especially when I was pregnant with my son, you would be surprised how many people look from your belly to your ring finger in one sweep. Plus "I'm in a serious relationship" does not keep the persistent ones away nearly as easy as waving does. :)
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:17 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• i have my rings on all the time never comes off... =)
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 12:36 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• NO, that would be a lie!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 12:37 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• No, Leigh519121, but like rhianna1708 said, it can keep the creeps away!! It's not so much a lie as a deterrent.
    Indyk

Comment by Indyk (original poster) at 12:56 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• i have no ring and i'm married. the stone fell out of mine and so we can't replace it yet. it really sucks cause i really want to show off that i am.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:12 AM on Oct. 1, 2010