what do you think about polygamy? adult content

don't bash. i want honest opinions without being mean and rude. for some it's a lifestyle. i just want to hear your opinion.

Hollea

Asked by Hollea at 12:51 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I personally am wayyyy to jealous to be able to have another woman in the house. However, I respect their decision and after learning more and more about their lifestyle, I kind of admire them. They seem to have strong family units in general and I admire any woman who can control their jealousy that well. On the other hand I kind of think that if you can share you husband that easily, you probably aren't IN love with him although I have no doubt that they love him.
    Sonnyswife

Answer by Sonnyswife at 12:59 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• In my belief there is one woman for every man and that God intended this from the beginning. I feel that sometimes Polygamists are jealous and or seeking attention. To be able to brain wash a person into thinking that it is "ok " to have sex with other women who are "wife's" is ridiculous BTMO!
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 12:53 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• i think if it works for some people thats good, there are pros and cons to it, having a large family and always some one with you to help raise your kids in your way of belief is awesome but you have to get along with other women and share your husband which isnt..
    VERONICAS_MOM

Answer by VERONICAS_MOM at 12:56 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• i don't agree with that b/c it's cheating.
    TracyBug2911

Answer by TracyBug2911 at 1:23 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Its not for me, but I fully support the right of any consenting adult to involve oneself with any other (or however many other) consenting adult(s) he/she chooses.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:02 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I think that it is their lives no one has any business bashing it. And to the "inbred" comment...there is a difference in having many wives (polyamory/NOT inbreeding) and having sex with your son or daughter (inbreeding/incest) I would NOT partake in that lifestyle though.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:40 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I think its ok as long it works for those people. Not everyone understands it because its an alternate lifestyle, but if everybody in the situation is ok with it why should i judge? Polygamy is the accepted way of life in several African countries. And its been working there for thousands of years.
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 8:54 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Not something I could handle being a part of. I would get jealous too easily.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 12:53 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• honestly not a strange question. DIdnt they just start some new show somewhere called, "Sister Wives?"...has anybody seen it,,,or maybe it hasnt aired yet...not a strange question at all
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Why would anyone want one than one set of in-laws at one time???

I have issues with MIL's CNA that comes in during the week!! I'm pretty sure I couldn't deal with extra wives in the house. It's not jealousy for me, it's about control and how things are done. I have OCD issues.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:58 AM on Oct. 1, 2010