Is your SO or DH good with doing home repairs or everyday chores?

shellakers

Asked by shellakers at 12:58 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Oh heck no! Well....I take that back.....he's GOOD with home repairs - when he takes the time to actually DO them. He always has these great ambitions ( which is nice!) but when it comes down to actually DOING them - well, let's just say I am still waiting for a new shower curtain rod in our kids' bathroom - it has been about 6 months since we actually BOUGHT the dumb thing!! I even got to the point of TAKING down the old shower curtain to get him a leg up. Know what he did? Yelled at me for "making more work" for him and put it back up - instead of taking the time to install the NEW one!!! I manage to mess up every single thing I try (or so it seems) so I didn't try to put up the new one - it is something a little different. But there is ALWAYS some excuse for not getting it done. Someone else did this or that, something came up and he couldn't do it, he doesn't have the time...blah blah blah.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 1:53 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Not really. It's not that he can't do it, he just never finds time for the little projects. Thankfully my dad taught my sister how to do household repairs and such. My boys were so impressed when I took apart the sink this past summer.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 1:01 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• NOT home repairs, but he tries. He is great at chores-he needs a male maid's outfit! LOL
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 1:02 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• i am the HANDY MAN in this home omg if i wait for my husbands wow i would need a block of ice to sit on...lol i am the do it all super mom
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 1:06 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• he does chores around the house but he isn't handy at all. he couldn't fix our toilet that had simple directions and pictures to boot. he can't do anything right when repairs are involved. i would rather just pay someone to do it. i do a better job even though i have never done the work before. his mind just doesn't compute well. which is weird cause he fixes stuff all day long at work.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:11 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Home repairs, yes. Everyday chores- yes and no. We have alot of typical role reversals in our relationship. I am capable of home repairs ( other than plumbing and electrical). I like to work on projects- love my power tools and my man is a master in the kitchen. :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 1:11 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• He is excellent with both. He can fix just about ANYTHING. As a child he tore apart things to see how they worked. I don't know what his I.Q. is but it HAS to be darn near perfect!!!! And I'm guilty of sometimes letting some chores slide because I know he can do a much better job at it than myself. Sometimes he stops me from doing them and says he'll do it but he says that because I am SAHM and wants to give me a break. He's really sweet to me when I'm pregnant too. He wont even let me tie my own shoes, which is good because I can't see my feet usually around 7 months. He's a very good husband!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:23 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I am sure he can do the daily house hold chores, but I would NEVER ask him to. I prefer to do all the household chores, not because he does them wrong or anything, but because he already works so hard at his job, I would never ask him to CONTINUE working AFTER he got home. He can physically do the repairs & such but does not need to as we currently live in an apartment.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 1:33 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• He is great when it comes to stuff like that. He is always helping me out with chores and fixing anything that needs to be fixed.
    miralerk

Answer by miralerk at 2:45 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I'm Mrs. Fixit around here, from the toilets and septic system through the air conditioning unit and everything in between. He tries and wants to learn though, it's just that I was the SAHM for a decade so I leaned all this stuff along the way and he hasn't had the chance to be exposed to every little thing that can and will go wrong as yet.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:06 AM on Oct. 1, 2010