When do you think a person has reason to

cry about life?
Does it bother you when someone complains all the time?
Do you often think a person is having a pity party?
Does it bother you when they keep reminding you of their "hard life"?

agriffinmom4

Asked by agriffinmom4 at 12:59 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• depends on the person.. some people do have it rough every now and then, and deserve to have a good cry. (like my good friend who lost her one year old son from SIDS, then had her sister try to sleep with her son's father whom she was still together with at the funeral of her son, and had her whole family blame HER for her sister being slutty because she refused to talk to her after that. Then found her her sister got knocked up by her SO's brother, her car took a crap (blown engine), then her SO cheated on her with some girl from outta state, and kicked her and her daughter out (which happened to be his kid too), all within a months time). I think she deserved a good cry.

BUT someone that is crying over something stupid like not getting an outfit they wanted because they gained 5 lbs or something stupid like that, no I want to smack those people sometimes because they do it ALL the time.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:12 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• That depends. Any one can have a bad day. It doesn't bother me if some one is whining about their life because it might be me upset talking to them about my life the next week. I'm bipolar so it does happen occasionally. If some one called me every day whining then it would bother me.
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 1:07 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• i can not deal with emotional ppl or criers idk maybe cuz i don't cry much i feel like ppl should be strong as me...i don't deal well with tears...if i ever cry i take it to the bathroom cry whatever come back to the real life and deal with my things...but thats just me...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 1:01 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Yah, my whole life & a lot of people bother me right now. I have been out of work due to the crappy economy for a long time and I lost my independence, which leads to depression. I keep trying, but its so hard. SO, everything bothers me & all I want to do is cry, but can't-I need to be strong
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 1:02 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• YES, it sure does!! Although it probably bothers a lot people. Anyone who has not the cushiest of lifestyles will think their life was the hardest of anyone they know but in actuality we probably all know at lest one person who has or has had it a lot worse.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 1:03 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• this reminds me of my brother who says that he suffered more then the lord. sometimes my husband whines and complains and i think to myself oh my gosh man up and stop your whining. i think of that with my brother as well. although i don't listen to his anymore.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:08 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I have come to learn just from people watching (my fave past-time BTW) that that behavior is a major cry for affection and/or attention. That person usually just needs someone to talk to. I usually offer the advice that said person should do just that, but I am a tell -it-like -it-is sort.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 1:09 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Any time they are in deep enough pain that it hurts. It bothers me if I complain too much. It bothers me if I feel I am having a pity party for myself. Some do have hard lives. If something bothers me I remove myself from the situation.
    treece

Answer by treece at 3:08 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I think I'm a bit more patient with people like that than most people, eventhough after a while it aggravates me too. But my grandmother was that way so I've had plenty of time to get used to it I guess.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 6:32 AM on Oct. 1, 2010