i'm really mad at myself and my husband.

i did have a really nice car that i took a lot of pride in before i married my husband. when my oldest son turned 18 we discussed what car he should drive, i kept saying he should drive my car & my SO said no. i told hubby that him driving my car for work would ruin it. he works with cartridges & he gets dirty from the toner. i told him my car would get black & you can't clean it. it would just soak into the fabric as a stain. also his weight has ruined the sahpe of my car seat that i can feel the wire that shapes it. he wouldn't budge. well needless to say i ended up giving in. so thats why i'm mad at myself. well he also isn't a very good driver. gets distracted to easily. today he almost got in an accident while talking to me. he texts while driving & i tell him to stop texting me. on top of that he has been using 4 work to run cartridges etc. this upsets me cause it's my mileage and they should provide work vehicle cont,

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 1:00 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• but with the recession they won't replace the van that broke down. i told my husband you have to tell them you can't use my car. i don't get those miles back. they are gone and it's the life of my car that gets taken away from my personal use. meaning i would have to replace it sooner. it's paid for so i intend on using it til it dies. my husbands civic gets way better mileage in the first place. we'll my husband said he told them he couldn't use the car yet he still is. so i told him either you fix this or i'm calling his boss who i know personally cause i used to work for him as well. am i wrong? are my feelings wrong? i resent that he didn't listen to me or care about my feelings and ruined my car anyway. i told him he better take his car tomorrow not mine. am i overreacting? i just feel like he never respects my property. his civic is crappy let him continue to ruin his car not mine. i lost value in my car which i paid 4
    melody77

Comment by melody77 (original poster) at 1:04 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• the texting while driving concerns me. I'm not sure I would let him drive AT ALL, unless he became more responsible.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:08 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I would try to com up with a compromise that suites all that's involved. It sounds like to me you were told what you were going to do and you really didn't have a say in the matter. You still have a voice.
    TracyBug2911

Answer by TracyBug2911 at 1:19 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• While the texting while driving part is very irresponsible, sounds to me like vehicles are a little too valued here.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 1:39 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Vehicles are very expensive to replace - of course they are valued. Sadly it is opinions and feelings that are NOT. We are a family who take pride in our vehicles. Dh has a truck that we use to pull the camper and boat with and a "play car" - his Mustang. He drives MY car to work (he works nights) and then I have it all day for whatever I need. This isn't so bad cuz he doesn't drive all over like your dh does, but he leaves my car a horrible mess...trash all over, cups on the floor and in the holders, lunch bags left in the seats, empty chocolate milk pints - I understand where you are coming from!!! BUT HIS cars are immaculate - so much that you don't hardly dare to put your feet in there. That makes me upset when he leaves MY car like that. So no, I don't think you are overreacting. I think your feelings should certainly be taken into consideration and you should be able to have one thing that you keep nice.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 1:45 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• If he's putting all that mileage and wear and tear on a car, why not the Civic? Those are made for racking up miles. I'd tell him to start using his car.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:06 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Wow. Have you read the post from the woman who just found out her husband was molesting their daughters?

I think you need some perspective here. Cars are just things. Get over it.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 3:27 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I think I would just make it a rule that he can't drive your car to work! My dh and I use my car on his days off because the car seats are there, as well as most things I need for my children when we are out. Of course it gets trashed and stuff everywhere and my dh won't help clean it out. But he sure likes to complain about the mess! Men! lol
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:15 AM on Oct. 3, 2010