Is it fair to ask to be happy in this life???

...or shall I just stay under this roof because its a roof, and be unhappy until the day "negative grumpy man" dies???? Dont i deserve happy too??? My son does too...he has his toys friends and me and food and clothes and all of my heart...so he is almost set...but What about ME???

momson666

Asked by momson666 at 1:14 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well, what about you? Will you really and truly be happy without this person in your life? Will you be happy if he goes to counselling or changes? Are you sure you are not causing this person to be "negative grumpy man"? Everyone deserves to be happy, and it is not always with the person they choose to marry, unfortunately. He may be thinking the same exact thought. Will you be happy knowing he is with someone else? Seeing him happier without you? Some things to think about.

sillymoo

Answer by sillymoo at 1:24 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I'm sorry you are going through such a rough time. Of course you deserve to be happy. There are times when I have Mr. "negative grumpy man" in my life too. It's frustrating. Is he always like that or just going through something right now like you? My Mr. NGM gets that way when he is stressed - mostly about money and work. Is there something you could do to help him overcome his poor attitude? Sometimes the people we live with effect our entire attitude & outlook on life & it's hard to see there is happiness around the corner. Can you talk with your man? Maybe you are unhappy about the same things? And your son - he sounds happy enough, but depressed moms effect their children too. Is there anyone you can "vent" to? Let off a little steam? I am kind of fishing here because I can understand where you are coming from. Keep trying - it's hard to see sometimes, but happiness is out there & YES you deserve it & so does your son.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 1:32 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• of coures you do... and i hope it comes your way.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 1:53 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• let me clear this up. to whoever said about him and truly happy if this that or other....first, i do not love him...we r not married, never will be, not even in love, just a roof for now...u dont know my situation so u wont understand why i am here under his roof....he can take a flying leap off of.....bleeeeep......and no amount of counseling can change him or my feelings toward him...and he IS ALWAYS like that. as for the other support i thank you guys...well women.lol.....night to all and to all a good night.
    momson666

Comment by momson666 (original poster) at 2:07 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• know its not fair to be unhappy in any life time.iam unhappy as much as you are,me and my husband has been fighting since saturday the 25th of september.iam sorry your so unhappy but like every one else has told me here its up to our self to make your own self happy.
    ladybug36519

Answer by ladybug36519 at 12:21 PM on Oct. 2, 2010