How do i get out of this mess i'm in?

I was married for 22yrs to my high school sweet heart. He cheated with his BFF wife they divorced, the husband and i that also had been friends and consoled each other and developed a relationship. We then married. My ex and i are very unhappy and have a lot of regrets. I want out and he does too. Neither of us has talked about redoing us but it's in our minds im sure. Should i not even consider it?? I don't want to hurt my now husband any further but im not happy with him. What to do from a christian stand point?? I know i had a way out from the first marraige b/c he cheated and the current husband had been caught looking at porn so i think that counts too but just want to be happy now!!

TracyBug2911

Asked by TracyBug2911 at 1:14 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• From a Christian standpoint? Marriage is for better AND for worse. I'm not sure what kind of advice I can give you since I have never been in this situation. My only thought is seeing a friend in kind of a similar situation (She was married but considering cheating and the guy turned out to be a doof) She dropped the other guy like a hot potatoe and focussed all of her affection on her husband and she claims she fell in love with him all over again and that her state of happiness was all in where her mind was.
    Sonnyswife

Answer by Sonnyswife at 1:22 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• It only counts because you want out.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:18 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• BUMP

agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 1:18 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• The whole situation sounds very confusing to me, but if you are unhappy with your current husband and don't think it is fixable, then I wouldn't stay with him. And I think the whole thinking porn is cheating thing is just an excuse. However, your x sounds like a scum bag. He cheated on you with his BF's WIFE?!!!! That is like the lowest of the low. And I'm sorry but an act like that has so many red flags on it, that it looks like China! I would not rekindle that relationship...you are only asking for trouble again.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:21 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Yeah your right...i' guess i'm just looking for was out at any cost. :(
    TracyBug2911

Comment by TracyBug2911 (original poster) at 1:22 AM on Oct. 1, 2010