A glass of wine every now and then during pregnancy?

I was just wondering if a glass of red wine was okay to have maybe once in a great while during pregnancy... Maybe once every month or two...

Mskixxalot

Asked by Mskixxalot at 1:36 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i don't think so...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 1:37 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I wouldn't. I enjoy a drink now and then, but its not a risk I'd be willing to take. If anything went wrong, regardless of whether or not it was related to alcohol consumption, I can't imagine the guilt I would feel. They don't know how much alcohol is too much, and the fact that it crosses the placenta is enough to keep me away while pregnant.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:41 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Some doctors say it's fine but for myslef personally, I can wait till baby is out of my body :)
    Sonnyswife

Answer by Sonnyswife at 1:41 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Some people say it's ok, but better safe than sorry. Why not just wait until after the baby is born? It isn't worth the guilt or the possible effects on your baby.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:48 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I couldn't do it, I figured it wasn't worth taking a chance, I could give it ups for 9 months. I gave up my pepsi too.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:50 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I tried to have a half glass of wine at Thanksgiving, when I was about 30 weeks. It tasted AWFUL. Lol so much for that!
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 1:58 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• one drink a week is supposedly the "safe" amount for the "average" woman. They advise to not drink anything though because people rarely stop at just one and alcohol affects every woman/baby differently.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 2:10 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I should be okay~ probably. (But no one on the outside can be CERTAIN.)
    What's the point?
    If you feel like it's a good remedy then a SMALL quantity (sips not ounces/ a cup) would be sufficient. No need to work on a buzz~
    ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:54 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• They say that's alright to do but I would feel too guilty so i couldn't do it. Better safe than sorry. I wont be able to have wine for a while because I'll be breastfeeding also.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:28 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Yes it's fine.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:24 PM on Oct. 1, 2010