Do you do "exactly" what the doctors tell you??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 1:42 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Health

• Sometimes. I did during my pregnancy. I do when it comes to my mental health meds. But for other things it depends. And for my son? I take my doc's recommendation along with LOTS of other input and a healthy dose of intuition. I like being very well informed.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 1:55 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• not always but I have found recently that listening to them sometimes is not a bad thing :)
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 1:42 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• no way they say something and then i call my mom and my mama for there expert opinion lol
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 1:43 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• NO. Especially at 3 in the morning he's not here with my screaming child.....he doesn't get a vote.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 1:43 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• i agree wit @ freak..i call me dad or grams..to get free advice from someone who will tell me the thruth
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 1:48 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• no, i try but in the end i am the parent and i know what isnt guna work
    VERONICAS_MOM

Answer by VERONICAS_MOM at 1:48 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I don't take parenting advice from medical doctors. If its something that is medically necessary for my life/health/well-being, then I'll listen as long as I have respect for the doctor. One example of when I didn't listen was when my doctor prescribed me prozac because I was grieving. There wasn't a pill that was going to help.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:51 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I take everything doctors say with a grain of salt. There are so many different theories, so many different approaches to medicine and so many practitioners of defensive medicine that I see my doctor/patient relationship as a corroboration. More like advice than anything.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:03 AM on Oct. 1, 2010