Quality brand of kitchen gadgets?

I need to get a few things and I am having trouble deciding what to buy. Specifically, I need a cheese grater, meat thermometer, and garlic press. I had all three of these items and they all died because they get used a lot in our house and I had cheapie Walmart products. I realize I need to spend a little bit more money for these things but I have no clue! Expensive doesn't always mean good quality, you know?

getrealmama

Asked by getrealmama at 1:52 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I have always had good luck with KitchenAid and they aren't that expensive at Wal Mart.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:54 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• food network has great ideas a products to use

www.foodnetwork.com
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 1:56 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• OMG.....There is an awesome brand name that all my foodie and chef friends have always recommended to me but I cannot remember it right now for some reason. I'm sure it will come to me later when I'm laying in bed or something.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 2:22 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I just looked it up on-line, it's All-Clad!!! I have worked in the food and beverage industry for most of my working life and worked in a 5star 5diamond restaurant for 3 years and one of my best friends is a chef and they all swear by All-Clad products!! Although they are quite expensive, they are apparently the best. I cannot afford them myself, I have only bought the cheapest brand at Wal-Mart I could find.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 2:27 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Thanks for the tips ladies - rhianna I have some kitchenAid products and have been happy with them too. I will check out the food network site, and truth teller I hope it comes to you in the night! I am SO tired of slicing my garlic by hand and using my crappy old cheese grater. I need to go shopping!!
    getrealmama

Comment by getrealmama (original poster) at 2:29 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• XOXO brand is great, reasonable price and last forever.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 8:19 PM on Oct. 1, 2010