I know I shouldn't rush anything, but she's 7 and a half months and isn't able to sit up on her own! Am I worrying too much?

meisassbell

Asked by meisassbell at 2:34 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yeah! Dont' worry she'll be doing it b/f you know it. If you ped has'nt said anything than don't worry. Have you asked her? Give her as much tummy time as possible. That's what I'm doing my baby is 6 almost 7 and she does'nt sit yet either. I don't mind but I do when other people try telling me something about it: I just blow it off. She'll sit eventually...
    2precious2

Answer by 2precious2 at 2:37 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I wouldn't worry, she will soon. She might be able to, she might just be hiding it from you...LOL! Babies are sneaky sometimes.
    Izzyscrazymom

Answer by Izzyscrazymom at 2:58 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• i'm not sure...i would ask her pedi, my dd was sitting up at 4 months. but if the pedi isn't concerned then i wouldn't be either.
    country_grl2469

Answer by country_grl2469 at 3:23 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• My daughter started to sit up around then. She is 10m now and is just now crawling good. She isnt even thinking bout pulling up or walking yet.
    Your daughter will do it when she is ready. Is she small? my daughter is 18lbs at 10m i think that migt have something to do with her being so slow.
    Anonymous

• I am glad you asked this. Mine is almost 6 months and she is into everything and very alert, but too busy to sit up on her own... she doesn't seem to want to :). She likes standing and holding my fingers better. I wouldn't worry. The way I keep thinking is, you dont see any 5 yr olds that aren't sitting up yet, every kid is different, but they all get there.... She will get there at her own pace.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 5:00 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I ask my mom the same question about my little one...he couldn't sit up at seven months either, but boy oh boy did he catch up fast...the next two months was crazy...he was walking the week he turned nine months and by ten months there was nothing he couldn't climb on or get into...enjoy it why it last because once they start moving life gets very hectic ,lol.
    Anonymous