Newborn skin peeling?

Is it ok for their skin to peel? I always put lotion on her put doesn't look like it's helping all that much.

DeathBat

Asked by DeathBat at 2:48 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is normal. I forget why it peels but both my girls did for the firt month and a half.
    Izzyscrazymom

Answer by Izzyscrazymom at 2:52 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• it's normal, so is acne, their skin is adjusting to being out of the womb.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 3:02 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• it's ok! my daughter's skin peeled too and i asked the dr about it, she said it's fine sometimes they shed their baby skin. no worries mama!
    country_grl2469

Answer by country_grl2469 at 3:17 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• it should be fine - try putting baby oil into bath water *after you are done using it for their face* just to give them that extra protection against the air before you pull them out of the tub - then put on the lotion like you normally would
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 3:20 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Perfectly normal... it is almost like a snake shedding its skin. I was freaked out when it happend to my son also... No worries it will all end soon :)
    JackJacksMomma

Answer by JackJacksMomma at 3:53 PM on Oct. 23, 2008